• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Sail to" doesn't work

I have played this storyline some time now and i encountered new bug, cannot use "sail to" option..... it just doesn't work... that can be caused by some ship or something- since previous saves don't have this issue but all my new saves have this....

So i sometimes encounter this now and it don't go away :modding - once i encounter this- nothing helps and after some time game also crashes- i have encountered much more crashes than usual after receiving this bug.....-so these issues seem to be connected and they happen only in this storyline..... at some point it started - so i try to track this down more accurately - and maybe i can tell if some shipmodel or something causes this..... :shrug

I also missed the main quest possibility since smuggler guy is gone before i delivered enough goods to him..... but this issue cannot be connected to this bug ...i guess...

Are you playing with Arcade or Realistic settings - under Realism Options :?

With Realistic - sail to is disabled ( only use it with Ports/beaches after you have found them once )

Have your setting Arcade / Realistic somehow got changed while you were playing. :shrug

Do you have any error logs from when the game crashes

In Realistic Game Mode, Sail To should still work for ships.
Iron Man Mode completely removes the ability to Sail To.

I am using arcade mode and sail to just stops working- it is not disabled
- i can select for example 'tortuga fort' and press the icon- but nothing happens- location doesn't change and if i select map for example it usually crashes or if not then it crashes next time i see land or ship or i enter battle....
and i've been in those places before since they are seen in options where to sail- but sailing itself is the thing that doesn't work-

anyway i removed saves with this problem and loaded older saves without this- and now it is gone :cheeky

i let you know if it returns- so we can track it down :doff

Yeah it is weird how it seems that the most annoying only affect some people and people who think they can fix it cannot replicate it xD:

i miss the instant manowar bug. that was awesome. we still have the ship-in-the-tavern though.

conditions: quest requires you to defeat several ships. after defeating the ships, you get teleported someplace else.

trigger: if you boarded the last ship, it counts as defeated the moment the capture screen pops up, and hey presto, boarding deck in the middle of the location you poofed off to. it get's even better once you start travelling, since you can then do the capturing in some place you really shouldn't, and the menus and controls for both land and sea blend into some kind of utterly unusable frankenstein-monstrosity. it's especially amusing if a ship ends up inside a tavern like some kind of wierd tsunami aftermath and you're just having a conversation with someone like nothing ever happened. i've seen impromptu airships as well.

Yeah it is weird how it seems that the most annoying only affect some people and people who think they can fix it cannot replicate it xD:

I have encountered so many random - but usually harmless bugs so nothing surprises me anymore..... few interesting ones are "finding your own body" -bug with your inventory there- it sounds fun "I can duplicate all my items LOL xD: " but then i discovered that bug also makes all of your money to disappear :modding better not to take anything from your own remains....

it's very rare i don't know what is required but you can sometimes find your own remains like that after battle-.....

more recently i discovered funny "Sail in the middle of the cabin"- bug- it limits vision very much when sailcloth is in the middle of the ship's cabin xD: but i can shoot the captain that hides behind it and i can also walk through the sail freely...... but it's odd piece of furniture there xD:

robbing your own officer- bug is also funny- if your officer is stunned in the battle- he/she sit's down and you can rob him/her or help him/her back to health with potion.... like you wouldn't know him at all xD:

those are harmless but bugs like these "cannot use sail to","cannot sell a ship" or "enemy captain doesn't talk" are irritating.....

Wow which quest is this??? :?

like i already said, any quest which teleports you somewhere after defeating a vessel. the most obvious one is defending the montanez from the animists (boarding the first ship of the two causes no problems, as might be expected), but i've seen it happen when you get stranded on bonaire as well, although i don't quite remember how that specific one happened. i think i was teleported while on my ship deck or something.

i've seen sails in cabins as well. it's because, for some reason, the masts of all surrounding ships are not unspawned from around you if you go to a deck. you can sometimes see them floating off in the distance as well. i'm not sure when that bug got introduced.

have you noticed how the guards in tortuga want to arrest you for being a pirate? someone's oblivious.

also, there's one hilarious bug of which i think i've been the only witness, ever. it got fixed soon after i found it. it used to be the case that if you'd fast travel back to your previous location after fast travelling to your ship, you could flood any location you travelled back to. i had great fun with that one.

i've never found my own corpse though.

Ayup. If you board the Athena instead of sinking her you will get to see some strange things. :shock And if you board the last ship during the Battle for Bridgetown things get ....interesting.

The sails in the cabin used to be very common as well as showing up below decks too. After the work Sulan did last summer they have nearly gone away completely.

Looting your own corpse? It never ceases to amaze me the things people do in this game. :8q There is a steady stream of people complaining about things that I didn't know were possible to do. :j3

I have NO idea how you could possible encounter your own corpse.
If you die yourself, you're immediately reloaded and any possible corpse lost.

I've indeed seen stuff in ship cabins that shouldn't be there; not sure where that comes from.

In what storyline do the Tortuga guards have a problem with you, Morgan?
Note that in all except Jack Sparrow, Tortuga is set to be French as per history.
However, the fort won't fire on pirates despite being French.

I have NO idea how you could possible encounter your own corpse.
It seems this is very rare and indeed very odd :shrug but i can assure you i've encountered my own corpse at least twice- there is no guy like me on the ground of course- but i can select "looting corpse" and corpse has all same items i have (my whole inventory including unique items as well...) - same amount of money too and if i take all -my all items are duplicated but all money disappears :modding

Crazy but true

My PC have been acting oddly lately with other games as well- now saves cannot always be loaded and game crashes more often - something it have done very little with this PC in fact....... so maybe that is reason for this "Sail to" bug and not a game- i think it's time to reinstall POTC and add all the latest patches this time :keith

In what storyline do the Tortuga guards have a problem with you, Morgan?
Note that in all except Jack Sparrow, Tortuga is set to be French as per history.
However, the fort won't fire on pirates despite being French.

nathaniel hawk, of course. it's not as much of a problem though rahter than just being stupid. besides, everyone's murdering each other already in the first place, so i have no problems with it if the guards attack me. although they never did.

In Nathaniel Hawk's storyline, indeed Tortuga would be French, so that would give an explanation.
Do you like everybody fighting each other in Tortuga? And did you spot the priest and the skeleton?
It's a crazy place! :rofl

no, dangit. tortuga is a pirate town in nathaniel's plotline. and yes, i happen to be the one who kept reporting that the priest and skeleton were broken. :razz: they're fixed now though. also noticed that the priest has a habit of escaping into the church.

Back