• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

sailing without various icons

sailing icons -yay or nay

• but what would i do without them, im an only an ensign...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • arrr, git that clutter outa me way fer better i can see me prey!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
<!--`QuoteBegin-boocha`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boocha)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->would you mind kieron, that would be real cool if you could help me with that, where should i start?[/quote]

ok, i've done it!

i've added a toggle button to the options screen, under 'sailing mode,' which toggles a global boolean SailingIconsActive, which is true by default.

so if you do remove the icons, make it conditional on that boolean! :cheeky oh and i will email you the entire interfaces mod, might make it easier for you to test everything. mmkay?

oh great, somebody said boolean to me, sorry thats beyond my understanding, i can only copy and paste code, you know move it around once i know what it does, (when i think i know what it does) i'll look at where the code is, then when i have an idea to try using it somewhere else, i paste it into a similar place, and sometimes get the result i want, it may seem like i know something -MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THAT I DO NOT, but thanx for your help for sure, i am still learning from this process somewhat and i am catching on in certain regards but to be honest kieron, im probably gonna need some help with a lil explanation on how to use a boolean

Good work Boocha , I was thinking of getting rid of the mini map but by trying to find some kind of transparency in the palette if I could : Not the smart way that you and NK have.. Good Job

because personally it feels like when your sailing in a battle, you are the ship and not a captain on that ship -does that make sense?

I agree. What the game really needs is more of a command feel. I remember in Sierra's old `U-Boat` game, forgot the name, but it musta been from the early to mid 90's, you would set the heading, and then the ship would turn to meet the heading. Here is what I propose (in my wishful thinking - it would really take a lot of coding)

You hit tab (or some key) and it brings up a slider bar. The tab is centered but on either side it has numbers beginning at 1 and moving up from their. If you slide the slider over to four on the left, then the sailing master says, "Aye sir, changing course 4 points off the larboard bow." Then you would see the heading change as the ship turns.

Secondly, a captain might call out the initial opening shot, but after that he really is going to focus on making on maneuvers and such. Perhaps there could be an option to have the gun crews fire on their own?

Back