• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sailors Textures

JackSnow

Landlubber
Ive played this game has a pirate and ive played has french, spanish, dutch and english but all of that time I had the same type of sailor(textures/skins), my sugestion/question is to have a specific sailor texture to each specific nation.

I assume you're talking about the lowmen that are seen on the deck of ships? Personally I prefer the vanilla ones since they look more like privateers and less like Royal Navy sailors.

I'm not sure if what you're suggesting can be done but its a good idea.

I assume you're talking about the lowmen that are seen on the deck of ships? Personally I prefer the vanilla ones since they look more like privateers and less like Royal Navy sailors.

Yes. For exemple has a Royal Navy captain i whould like to go on deck and see sailors with navy uniforms, in a sence more navylike, the same is applied to pirate captain ill like to have more piratish sailors.

We do!
danse1.gif

Yes. For exemple has a Royal Navy captain i whould like to go on deck and see sailors with navy uniforms, in a sence more navylike, the same is applied to pirate captain ill like to have more piratish sailors.

That's not the most authentic idea, either. In the RN, there were no sailors uniforms at all until 1857, and officers' uniforms were only officially introduced in 1748. The sailors of all of the navies did however, dress similarly, making the idea far more feasible.
Take this widely known painting as an example: (it is more Napoleonic than some of you would like.)
cutlass.jpg

Back