• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Salary & mutiny problem + couple of general questions

Now you've got me curious!
Chico is mostly invulnerable but he seemed to take damage once or twice. So I gave him gold armour and a good sword, the same as I give to all my officers. Then...

Towards the end of the story, you encounter Bartolomeu o Portugues, and have the option of either killing him (as the Vice Admiral wants) or joining him. If you join him, you lose contact with both your ship and Chico Cois.

Later on, after you've made your peace with the governor at Kralendijk, your old ship shows up, now under the command of Chico Cois, who's supposed to kill you. You fight him on the ship's deck. He's not invulnerable any more but he was still carrying the gold armour and good sword I'd given him earlier, so most of my hits didn't do him any harm. Of course, I was also carrying gold armour and a good sword. So I eventually won, but it was the sort of long drawn-out duel which is usually the climax to any good swash-buckling film.
:duel:
Now that I think about it, I did have one problem with Chico. He's supposed to join you as an officer after the first mission. Even though I had a free slot, he didn't. I tried a few things before falling back to the general cure for all sorts of weirdness, which is to delete "options" and load an earlier saved game. That worked and Chico duly became an officer. :D

I didn't know Chico could do that in the end. That's what I get for not actually playing through the game so far in so long!
Indeed I can imagine that being annoying if you gave him good stuff before. Does make sense though! Sounds exciting too. :cheeky

I tried a few things before falling back to the general cure for all sorts of weirdness, which is to delete "options" and load an earlier saved game. That worked
Welcome to the wondrous world of computer magic! :dance

Deleting the "options" file whenever there is something funny happening all of a sudden is really helpful. I'm glad Armada put that in the FAQ when I suggested it.

I recently found a nice little program that also works wonders.. 'Defraggler' is a free software that can defrag single files (so not the whole HDD which would take hours..)
I found it because I had problems with another game, and then I checked for defragged files in PotC... holy sh*t .. I guess somwhere up to 50% of all data in PotC was defragged.. even the engine! I defraggled them and now PotC works perceptible better ;) so I can recommend doing that time by time too ;)

The more often you defrag the less time it takes. I defrag my hard drives every 3 days because they need it that often. POTC is indeed especially bad at fragging but other programs are pretty bad too.

Back