• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released San Felipe 1690

Will she replace the stock manowar on potc?
For Spain, certainly. Maybe Portugal. But I can't see it fitting in with the other nations.
That's where the stock manowars come in handy, being 'generic' designs for equal use by any nation during the first few periods.

Well we have...

1. The Victory for the britts.

2. Soleil Royal for the french.

3. and we'll have the San Filepe for Spain and Portugal

which only leaves Holland and if the Seven Provincien also gets made they'll be covered too.

2. Soleil Royal for the french.
Not any more. That ship was scrapped a while ago. Shame, though. :j3
Don't forget the US; they have the repainted Victory, too.

I see what you mean, but you have to consider the time periods.
For example, Victory is relevant to Britain during the last few periods, but not the first few, so a stock manowar fills that gap.
That is, it fills the gap when 100-gun ships are introduced.

So as far as I'm concerned, the stock manowars still have a purpose at the moment.
I think they haven't had extra details added yet, but if necessary, I could do that to liven them up a bit... ;)

I have added details to the stock MOW and you will have it in my files for the ship pack. There should be a pic in my reskin thread or my photobucket page.

Deadeyes-Boats-bettercannonsSeethroughwindowsontheMonOwar.jpg

BetterGunsonSoleyRuseethroughwindows.jpg

JollyBoatsonSoleyRu.jpg

Aye, you did, and it looks really good, but we're on about the PotC stock manowar:

[attachment=6182:potC_manowar_stock.jpg]

As you can see, there are no extra details, such as anchors or deadeyes, yet.

Just tried her out now. Well done..as always! :)

Your ships own mate...but I'm sure you already know that. :yes

I'm just curious as to what masterpiece you plan to grace us with next. :b:

I happen to have a few ship of the line blueprints archived in my FTP folder if you're interested.

I have the french Royal Louis 122-gun first rate available. as well I have just added the Danish 90-gun second rate Christianus Sixtus and 72/74-gun Wenden Third rate if you are interested in making any of these as your next project.

Of course if you want to give lineships a break might I then suggest some kind of east indiaman heavy merchant.

Another job well done, pgargon! :doff
Here she is in PotC:

[attachment=6183:SanFelipe1.jpg]

My personal opinion on a future project: we have plenty of 3rd Rates, a nice variety of 1st Rates, but too few 2nd Rates... so a 2nd Rate would be ideal.
However, what I'd really love to see is the famous Mary Rose from 1536. To see that ship afloat once more would be incredible! :shock

My personal opinion on a future project: we have plenty of 3rd Rates, a nice variety of 1st Rates, but too few 2nd Rates... so a 2nd Rate would be ideal.

I completely second that. :yes

Like I said I DO have the ship plans for the 90-gun Christianus Sixtus in my FTP folder for just that purpose If pgargon or anyone else wants to tackle her as oh boy do we ever need some good 2nds in the 90 to 98 gun range.

Took me quite a while to find them too.

I shall also try to find some other 2nd rate ship plans. But I'm having trouble finding good 17th to 18th century naval archive sites. wish there was more out there on the internet.

The Christianus Sixtus from what I understand was the basis for the Trinity from pirates of the burning sea. I know that SeaNorris is trying to get this ship to us via Remus77 who originally made the Trinity for Pirates of the burning sea but SeaNorris said he has lost contact with Remus77 before he could get the model. Also I haven't seen SeaNorris himself on the forums in some time has anyone else heard from him lately?

If not someone else here can use the plans I got as well as the PotBS ingame shots I took of my own Trinity All of which are in my FTP as a backup plan.

YARR! I wants me flagship back!

Back