• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

San Martin galleon

SuperChango

Common folk
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Hearts of Oak Donator
I'm more than happy to introduce the "San Martin" galleon.
I've started it as a very low poly "test subject" and there are some results, the big image are blender screenshots and the small one is a GM viewer screenshot
I'm still thinking if i'm gonna cut the cannon ports or just paint them, so far i'll paint them and then make a higer poly version completly
Well, there's not much to it, some more details on the deck, the full version of the masts and the path deck to start working on the locators and paths...
Any comments and critics more than wellcome !

Good job... :onya

To Moderators: Why he's not a modder yet?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job... :onya

To Moderators: Why he's not a modder yet?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot SD ! that tut you are writing is most useful

Here is a small update, fixed som glitches in the balcony texture and painted the cannon ports, also added the doors? covers? for the cannon ports... what's the word for that anyway ?
Do they look to fake ?

Nice galleon you got there, SC. :onya It would look more realistic if the planking wasn´t parallel to the waterline, though.

Thanks a lot CM ! i'll go check whatever info i can from the modders area right now :dance

@Oskar94: thanks mate, any C&C would be most helpful !

@SD:
Alright. I desired to write this, because I want more model-maker in the forum, so I'll write everything I know and founded while making all kind of models in Storm Engine. Afcourse I don't know everything (Characters, Ships). But when I'll finish writing what I know, I hope I'll fill what I don't know with help of other modders...

Looks like you got served mate :onya

@Bava: Actually that's my deck texture :cheeky it's there just to check glitches or stretching... anyway i could'nt help try out the color sheme of my new (last, after the packet ship) proyect, wich would be the "Poltava"

2_b.jpg

I fell inlove as soon as i saw that big black butt :cheeky

old lady isn't she ?
I was hoping no one realized about her age, but since you busted me i'll tell...
Right after finishing her i'll try to learn some quest writing, the idea is to make a quest that leads you to find her somewhere, crueless, drifting and broken... :keith

That we do ;)

If you are willing to give quest writing a go SC we will help you as much as we can if you get caught on snags xD:

Just start a new topic (probably in modders thread) with your storyline and just say what your stuck with ;)

To start with I suggest changing locations AND characters of a current sidequest to see how that goes and then maybe trying to do your own sidequest before moving onto a main quest

That we do ;)

If you are willing to give quest writing a go SC we will help you as much as we can if you get caught on snags xD:

Just start a new topic (probably in modders thread) with your storyline and just say what your stuck with ;)

To start with I suggest changing locations AND characters of a current sidequest to see how that goes and then maybe trying to do your own sidequest before moving onto a main quest

Thanks Cap ! i'll count on that... I've been checking the tutorial by SJG and i think i can try to give it a go...

if i manage to actually write that quest i'll need two textures at least, an "abandoned" one and a repaired one, any ideas on how could i get the abandoned one to show only until it's repaired ?

Yep... have them as two different ships in ships_init.c

And then when you want it to be "repaired" use the line of code
Code:
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"*model*","*name*",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);
If you want it to be changed as soon as you take command of it then this will work great:
Code:
if(GetAttribute(pchar,"ship.type") == "*damaged ship*")
{
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"*Undamaged ship*","*name*",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
}

Maybe another condition, a subcondition of the first, could be added so that the skin is changed only when hull and sails reach 100% for the first time only, to be actually "fixed/restored" in the shipyard ? i mean the first of these two lines

Code:
if(GetAttribute(pchar,"ship.type") == "*damaged ship*")
{
GiveShip2Character(pchar,"*Undamaged ship*","*name*",-1,PIRATE,true,true);
}

BTW, I'm having two annoying problems when exporting the model from maya, first, even if i used the heavy galleon as a scale reference (i exported it from .gm to .obj and imported it to blender) the result is 1/50th the size. (unchecking the "0.01 (cm->m)" scale checkbox in the plugin options is the same thing )
The other issue is with the locators, when exporting the model from maya with those, and loading the resulting model in GMViewer the locators ain't there, checking the "show labels" and "show locators" and reloading the mesh doesn't work.. In the TOOL, is the same thing, but... first try was loading them from the other files maya generates... no luck... then exporting the locators from the heavy galleon to a file, importing them in my model, and saving the gm, works like charm, also in the TOOL is where i scaled the ship somewhat right... i could, and in fact i'm doing it, relocate those locators to match my model, but seems to be a slow process, and i still wonder why they dont export in a first place.
Other than that, the "San Martin" is finished and looks greate ingame, i'll post some screens as soon as i can...

It would be very possible to make it swap when you have fixed it... I will have to do some testing to see how

I suggest you just have it so when hull reaches 100% change it (as the sails appear damaged any way ;)) [unless of course you use unique sails for abandoned, which would then make sense for the sails to need to be repaired as well)

Im not sure on export/import of models (Im only a coder xD:)

Back