• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

San Martin galleon

@CM: crap... me and my endless goal pushing... i've remodeled the ship, made changes, basically broken stuff on deck, scattered cannons all over and such... also aged the textures... wich was nigtmarish enough... i'll post something in about 7 hours (i'm @ work now and did'nt got to copy everything to the laptop)

@BoP: wanna play or play ? :rofl

Update:
Here are some eye candy renders, as existance certificate... xD (the big one is to check details)

2.jpg3.jpg
Big1.jpg

Now, the NOT FUNNY part... my remaining ToDo list

Door in front of the main mast !...
+ detail in the masts brake point
move nails in the texture ?
Add darkspots in the hull texture
Add shadows not gamegen
Switch the rudder wheel somewhere logical...
Rope intersecting in right anchor -DONE-
Balcony supports interfiering hull details
Left anchor should not be there, or correct (maybe leave rope ?)-DONE-
Check lower hull band ingame
Bend hull texture ?

--------------------

If you find anything else please let me know, as i just can't find anything else, mostly because i spent a lot of time looking for oddities...
There are also two small details, the hull is divided in two vertex groups, this means that being a single object, has two materials and two textures, to give it more definition, however, when importing to maya, the first section looks good, but the second looks square, not smoothed, the same thing happens if i split the mesh and import them separately... has anyone camed across such a thing before ?
The other issue is when loading the model in gm-viewer... the texture shows fine, upclose, but if i back just a little, edges start to show white as you can see in the GM-viewer screenshots below... i'll try to set a black bottom for the textures (currently white) and see if that fixes the issue...

SC, Incredible job mate! It's beautiful! You are an artist. Don't know if you were planning to change the actual model at all. The only thing I'd change on the model is the beakhead. That open air gap between upper and lower sections just doesn't make sense. It should either be solid or have verticle supports every couple/three/four feet. Also if it stays open even with supports, you'd be able to see through and it should show the heavy forward rope lashing that secures the bowsprit to the front/top of the keel. I might make that big shield figurehead a little smaller too. One other thing is the overlapping top forward deck on the foc'sle looks like it comes out too far forward atop the bowsprit and it appears unsupported. Attaching examples. Other than that looks like a real beauty. Cant wait to see it in play. :will

V/R AS

Hey, i just got a little time in these two complicated workdays, some good news...
The smoothing problem is solved, now the hull looks fine.
The white edges thingy looks much better with a black background, almost can't notice the edges...
@MK: i've taken your advice, the beakhead has supports for the deck and is solid on the sides, also added the "floor" that it shoulded had from the begining. The shield stays as is, since it covers all the joints in those objects and did'nt modeled the rope, i guess i just wanna move on to the next proyect :shrug , however, i've changed the "rudder wheel" location to the mid deck, now looks a little more logic...
@Stallion: Holy crap Stallion ! thanks ! xD:
@BoP: thanks mate.

Well hopefully both delerict and restored versions will be ready soon

Ok, The delerict version is ingame and 99% ready, only one issue and one question, first, i can't get the camera to move on the deck, it spawns properly @ the "camera" locator, but i just can`t move around.
the other, wich may be the problem in the first place, is about the PATH mesh..., how in the name of god do you scale that properly !? :shrug right now i'ts matching the actual deck in a 98%, but the glitches just piss me off... who could i PM about this ?
Thanks a lot !

No, don't know about how to do the glitches thing, but the camera part not able to move around has to do with the path. With out path, no deck view, no move movent.

Hi, TTT, the Path is there, the glitches i talk about are the actual path mesh showing a little bit (if you look @ the ship closely from below), i really dont know what it could be, PATH mesh is there, locators are there... so i'm clueless... :shrug

The path mesh shows? Either flip the normals so they face downwards or apply an alpha map texture and you won't see it anymore.

Actually i think i'm being histerical about it, it's just a tiny little bit in the bulkhead... and only if you look at it very close, from below, but the annoying thing is the process to scale both the deck and the path right, that's why i was wondering how the guys did that process...
BTW, how the caribbean mr. Boelen ?

Caribbean? FINALLY good weather. We had quite stormy weather for the past month or so. :shock

Caribbean? FINALLY good weather. We had quite stormy weather for the past month or so. :shock

@Pieter: Odd... i just can't seem to find the post where you are placing the pictures ! :wp

BTW: i've just sent the model to ZarethPL, he's gonna check it, with luck (luckly? is that the right word ???) he's gonna find where i screwed up... then i'll finish the "usable" version of the San Martin...

I have no pictures, mate. I've been too busy to even touch my camera for the past 1.5 month. :(

Good to see this project - we need one such "first rate" galleon for a early era battleship :3

lol... now that's an example of pressure :cheeky
I'll finish it... promess !

I overheard somebody talking about "Sailing Chapels" so...

Attachments

• maria.jpg
    maria.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 223
Back