• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sao Feng's Missing Bodyguards - Problems

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Build 14 Beta 1 + fix

I have completed the main Story line ( Brock- Brinkley & Curse of the Black Pearl)

I am now playing the Pirate Lord side quests (played Jocard & Sri Sumbahajee ) - still to play -> Chevalle & Villanueva and Lucas & justine

In Sao Feng I have been to Guadeloupe and talked to Short Jack - all ok :onya

Short Jack say go to Nevis. At Nevis Pirate Settlement I go to talk to tavernkeeper ( Ines Diaz) & she won't talk to me, :sad

Not even standard Tavernkeeper dialogue - the dialog screen itself does not appear :modding

I think it's not exactly the same problem but it is similar

I can speek with tavernkeeper (ines Diaz) She say me to see with other pepeole (Not that I know of. You might ask around. Maybe somebody else can help you out) but no people know something about the corvette :mm

If i return to tortuga Sao Feng as no dialog about the quest

Is this quest complete ? :shrug

Thank's for your reply

This quest should be working, something could be up with Ines Diaz though, there is something in one of the logs about it not being able to load dialog but not why :facepalm

This quest should be working, something could be up with Ines Diaz though, there is something in one of the logs about it not being able to load dialog but not why :facepalm

It's OK for me ! finally i have speek with Terry Snider on the port and i can continue :onya

You dont need to talk to Terry Snider :no

He just informs you of what to do next (you can guess) :yes

You dont need to talk to Terry Snider :no

He just informs you of what to do next (you can guess) :yes

Sorry, my english is very bad, i can understand (guess) what i read, but to write it's very difficult :wp

It's OK for me ! finally i have talk with Terry Snider on the port and i can continue (is-it best ?) :facepalm

It's OK for me ! finally i have talk with Terry Snider on the port and i can continue (is-it best ?) :facepalm

If you can keep going with the quest then - yes keep going :yes

The problems I am having are because of problems I had earlier with the Brock- Brinkley Story :modding

I have gone back and played the Brock-Brinkley part again from a save just before I agree to help Shaypen at Nevis jetty.

Agree to help Shaypen-> go to Nevis tavern-> talk to Ines Diaz -> go and talk to Skull -> free Brin girls-> All ok :onya

{As soon as I had the Brin girls - before leaving Nevis P S I tried to talk to Ines ( to see what wopuld happen ) - She just stood still & no dialog screen.}

From here on Ines Diaz will not talk to me - no dialog screen

I have gone and tried to talk to her by using saves between then and where I am now - none work.

The last time she talks to me is when she sends me to see Skull :shrug

From then on whenever I try to talk to her she just stands there not moving and the dialog screen does not appear. :facepalm

The only change I have made that I can think of was the one to remove the Tortuga Dialogue fron Shaypen in the shaypen_dialog . c file

It would have been an old outstanding bug matey, and actually REALLY easy to fix :facepalm

Code:
		case "Go_see_Skull3":
LAi_SetPlayerType(pchar);
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Susan Shaypen"), "QC_Residence", "goto", "goto4");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Annabella Brinkley"), "QC_Residence", "goto", "goto3");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Ines Diaz"), "QC_Tavern", "merchant", "goto1");
characters[GetCharacterIndex("Annabella Brinkley")].Dialog.Filename = "Annabella Brin_dialog.c";
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Annabella Brinkley"));
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Annabella Brinkley"),PChar,"",1.0,1.0);
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Annabella Brinkley")].dialog.currentnode = "Visit_the_Big_Man";
break;
TO
Code:
		case "Go_see_Skull3":
LAi_SetPlayerType(pchar);
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Susan Shaypen"), "QC_Residence", "goto", "goto4");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Annabella Brinkley"), "QC_Residence", "goto", "goto3");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterfromID("Ines Diaz"), "QC_Tavern", "merchant", "goto1");
LAi_SetBarmanType(characterfromID("Ines Diaz"));           //execute through console to not have to go back to before skull meet
characters[GetCharacterIndex("Annabella Brinkley")].Dialog.Filename = "Annabella Brin_dialog.c";
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Annabella Brinkley"));
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Annabella Brinkley"),PChar,"",1.0,1.0);
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Annabella Brinkley")].dialog.currentnode = "Visit_the_Big_Man";
break;

:dance Ines Diaz talks to me now - she has a dialog screen - Thanks Capt Maggee :onya

Only problem - the dialog is what she says when I went to meet her with Shaypen - that sends us to go and talk to Skull :?

I had a feeling that would happen :facepalm

In the exact same case add this line of code
Code:
pchar.quest.Susan_Shaypen_Quests = "Ines_Diaz_with_Susan_Finished";

Code:

Added code - still same problem - the dialog is what Ines says when I went to meet her with Shaypen - that sends us to go and talk to Skull :shrug

Logs attached - no error log generated

BTW :- I checked the Not Helping Shaypen at nevis storyline - Ines is talking ok in that ;)

Code:

Added code - still same problem - the dialog is what Ines says when I went to meet her with Shaypen - that sends us to go and talk to Skull :shrug

Logs attached - no error log generated

BTW :- I checked the Not Helping Shaypen at nevis storyline - Ines is talking ok in that ;)

Sorry - I messed up :modding

I have now added the above to the console, as well , and executed - everything now Ok - I can talk to Ines about the Crimson Blood :dance

Thank for your help Capt. Maggee :bow :bow

Off to see the Church now ;)

Yeah I was going to ask whether you executed it through the console xD:

So that is all good now :cheeky

Have now got to fighting the Crimson Blood, - it boards me - I then fight through decks - all Ok

Get to Captains Cabin - Fight crew in capt. cabin - but Capt. ( skyliner ) won't talk to me - just stands there ( don't get icon at top left of screen identifying him ) - & I can't trigger Joaquin de Masse asking to be made captain :sad

Played through several times, once I managed to get Crimson Blood to surrender :shock - but then I could not board her.

( I have Joaquin de Masse as an officer throughout the boarding )

Have managed to board the Crimson Blood. :dance

This time Skyliner was alone on the deck - talked to him - killed him - Jaoquin de Masse did not talk to me ( he was an active officer ) but he was only officer available on ransack screen to captain Crimson Blood.

Made Jaoquin de Masse captain - took Padre D back to Puerto Rico and saw Father Bernard in Port Royale - then went to sail to Turks - in Port Royale port talked to self & Jaoquin de Masse stole ship and is gone xD: :dance

Took Sao Fengs Bodyguards back and met Teague all ok :onya

So its just the boarding part that is messed up :facepalm

I thought I set it so he would never surrender at sea :modding

So its just the boarding part that is messed up :facepalm

I thought I set it so he would never surrender at sea :modding

I have played the Crimson Blood fight through several times now.

It only works, correctly, for me, when I get Skyliner alone either on deck or in the Captains cabin. Only then does he talk to me followed by Jaoquin de Masse, & then Jaoquin is the only officer on Ransack screen. :shrug

Attached are some logs which might help, - one for a Crimson Blood Surrender at sea & unable to board - another for when I had a crew fight in the Captains Cabin - & one for a sucessful capture of Crimson Blood. ( Jaoquin de Masse, is a passenger in all of these).

:sail

Back