• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine Limitation Save At Sea: Sail State and Cannon Reload Status not replicated after Loading

jsv

Freebooter
Storm Modder
I save a game with my sails fully lowered. When I load the save, my ship is under full sails. She's shown with full sails and, as I was turned into the wind, there is the luffing sound and I start to move backwards.
But as far as keyboard controls are concerned, I'm still under no sails: I can't strike sails, but I can make them twice more.

IIRC, it was that this way for a long time and is easily reproducible, so I do not attach the save. But I have one in case it's needed.

By no means this is game breaking and in need of urgent fixing, but this is a bug, so I'm reporting it :)

Last edited:
It has been like this ever since Save At Sea was added. Sail State simply cannot be saved; same with Cannon Reload Status.

So it isn't so much inconsistent; it is in fact VERY consistent as it always does the same.
After loading a Save At Sea, you'll appear under full sail. But the buttons somehow DO still remember the previous sail state. :facepalm

Interesting. Something clearly IS saved, so if we knew what it is... OK, not a big deal, let's just call it engine limitation :)

Back