• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

`Save-game` editor?

:rolleyes: Ahoy ye mateys!! Me be wonderin' if der be any `save-game` editor abouts? Me finds me game has a been tendin' to crash on occasions when savin', and me finds me canno' reload as dee save file is den' corrupted. Is der a save game editor abouts so that I can in essence remake me old games? Many thanks me mateys!!

Um.
Well, sorta. I mean, you can `hex-edit` your save; but it's easier to do it by just modifying the game code.
I.e. modify BOAL_CONTROL0 in seadogs.c to do all the changes you want and then press T during game.

;) Tis odd, me thinks... me find dese crashes only happenin' while I use da Sparrow skin... I be da likes of Ralph Fawn in me new come, and it ain't crashed once... argh!!

Yah, that does sound odd.

If you just want to restore your progress as it were _stats_ wise, rather than _quest_ wise, that's easy pie.
Just edit the characters_init.c file and search for ch.id = "blaze";
after that, find ch.rank and change it to the level you want; then find ch.ship.type = "Lugger1_"+ENGLAND;
and change to the ship you want;
And change ch.money to the amount of gold you want.

:p: Argh!! Alrighy then!! Is ther' a list anywher' of dee appropriate data entries, matey?

Perhaps me actin' dee character of Jack just got me system drunk :p:

Back