• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Save game preview broken

LittleMorgan

Landlubber
Those little images that used to preview the location of a savegame are no longer working for me; they now all look kinda yellowish with no image at all. Still showing time and description of the savegame though.

And not all of them are affected, some of the (older) savegames still show the location image.
Saves load ok - only the images are missing...
Huh?

Do those image-less saves still load properly? What if you restart your computer?

Restart does not help.
They still all load ok as far as I can tell - only the preview image is missing.

Attachments

• huh.jpg
    huh.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 197
Hmmm, this is a new one. Where are those saves made? Is it possible there are locations that won't allow a screenshot to be created maybe?

Cap'n Drow

No special locations.

E.g. I save every time I land in a port - not moving/turning the char at all before this save.
Done that a hundred times before at this landing locations (with preview image) - now everything appears to be normal (save/load), still every new save is missing the preview image. Weird.

Maybe there is a limit to the number of images the engine can handle on the save screen. Try deleting some of your old saves that you won't use anymore and see if that allows it to display some of the missing images.

Cap'n Drow

Seaward.Ru. "Known problems and ways to overcome them."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mar 19 2009, 22:35

Problem: On some modern graphics cards, under Win XP missing images in the SAVE menu.

Solution: Revert to the 169.21 drivers for video cards from NVidia.

<a href="http://www.nvidia.ru/object/winxp_169.21_whql_ru.html" target="_blank">http://www.nvidia.ru/object/winxp_169.21_whql_ru.html</a>
/////<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll have a look at this and see if its something related!

I've had mine suddenly vanish, and nothing I do makes them show up.

Cap'n Drow

This happens when the game crashes and I restart it.
What is needed is to flush the remains of the game from the memory. This should be done by the Windows itself but it wouldn't be called "Windows" if it does it.
So the easiest way to do it is to start something else. No matter what. Just start it and at the first possibility exit it. Now you can start the game again and the saves will be ok.

Edit: But of course only the new saves. The already did saves with missing images will remain with missing images (but they are always working)

Back