• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Save Lucas Da Saldanha Quest, Silehard daughter not in jungle

Ketchup

Sailor
Silehard's daughter isn't in the Jamaica jungle when you complete the main quest (tales of a sea hawk) basically, so you can't complete it

Last edited:
Which way did you leave Port Royale? There are two exits, the one by the prison and the one by the church. You want the one by the church. Also, Arabella goes to bed early and will only be in the jungle between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm.

But her presence in the jungle should not be dependent on whether Governor Silehard is around. That quest should work even after you've arrested him, killed him, or never even heard of him when you're playing a different story.

About this quest, in the free-play mode, can we change the character models for Lucas and his father for the last 3 time-periods.
For instance, a conquistador in the beginning of the 19th century is really weird :)
By the way, Snorri should be removed from the Martinique tavern at the end of this quest.
Answering to @Grey Roger, yes I still use the old files and not the last fixes.

Last edited:
Silehard's daughter isn't in the Jamaica jungle when you complete the main quest (tales of a sea hawk) basically, so you can't complete it
There are two land exits from Port Royale - one by the prison and one by the church. You need to go out of the one by the church. And, as @salonikasurf says, she's in the second piece of jungle, not in the area directly outside the town. Finally, the lady does not go into the jungle at night; you'll only see her between the hours of 8:00 and 20:00. Daylight starts at 6:00 and finishes at 22:00, so you might be in the right area in daylight and still not find her.

About this quest, in the free-play mode, can we change the character models for Lucas and his father for the last 3 time-periods.
For instance, a conquistador in the beginning of the 19th century is really weird :)
By the way, Snorri should be removed from the Martinique tavern at the end of this quest.
Answering to @Grey Roger, yes I still use the old files and not the last fixes.
If you can suggest suitable replacement models, I should be able to put condition statements into "PROGRAM\Characters\SideQuest.c" and "Officers.c" to use the alternatives in "Revolutions" and "Napoleonic". I'd prefer to keep the original models in "Colonial Powers", though, as that's the period in which "Tales of a Sea Hawk" is set, and that's the original storyline in which the sidequest was set in the first place. ;)

I'll have a look to see if I can customise either of those to look more like the characters, especially Lucas. The admiral is less important as you only deal with him a couple of times during the quest, but Lucas follows you around after you rescue him and may also stay with you permanently as an officer. In particular, I want to see if I can replace the standard armour for "Jack Sparrow" variants with Lucas' own armour.

If not too hard to code, try to change the admiral outfit. This kind of 16th century outfit is not something immersive for the game. We have time-period outfit for the soldiers, maybe time has come to think about that for the citizens.

The code to choose outfit based on period is simple enough. Creating models for different periods isn't. I've an idea for the admiral which will take some time to get right, but I have a new model for Lucas, based on your suggestion of "9Jdspa" but with Lucas' famous armour and with a different face:
lucas2.jpg

The face isn't quite right - I copied the texture from the original, but the model is a different shape so the beard looks different. But at least he has a different face from all the "I remember Jack Sparrow as..." clones.

I've an idea for the admiral...
... and it looks like this.
spa_adm_18_2.jpg

The attached zip file should contain both new models, plus code in "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Officers.c" and "SideQuest.c" to make Lucas and Joaquin de Saldhana use the new models in the "Revolutions" and "Napoleonic" periods.

Incidentally, the original "Lucas" model has integral armour. It's part of the texture, and "initItems.c" gives armour properties to several models, mostly soldiers but also "Lucas". The new model does not. Late period Lucas uses armour the same way as anyone else. "Officers.c" gives him a suit of gold armour, which you can take from him if you recruit him as an officer, and he'll then just look like the original "9JdSpa" model with a different face. If you give him the other metal armour types, he'll show those.

Attachments

• new_lucas.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 236
I'd prefer to keep the original models in "Colonial Powers", though, as that's the period in which "Tales of a Sea Hawk" is set, and that's the original storyline in which the sidequest was set in the first place. ;)
I've figured out how to achieve both objectives. Change the character definitions to switch outfits in "Colonial Powers" rather than "Revolutions", then add a couple of lines in "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\StartStoryline.c" to put Lucas and his father back in their original outfits. The end result is that anyone playing the original storyline will see the original outfits, but anyone playing "FreePlay" in "Colonial Powers" will see the new outfits.

That just leaves "Hoist the Colours". This has its own definitions of Lucas and the admiral. Which outfits do we want them to use in this storyline?

I've figured out how to achieve both objectives. Change the character definitions to switch outfits in "Colonial Powers" rather than "Revolutions", then add a couple of lines in "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\StartStoryline.c" to put Lucas and his father back in their original outfits. The end result is that anyone playing the original storyline will see the original outfits, but anyone playing "FreePlay" in "Colonial Powers" will see the new outfits.
Sounds good!

That just leaves "Hoist the Colours". This has its own definitions of Lucas and the admiral. Which outfits do we want them to use in this storyline?
The original Lucas model was old-school armoured, wasn't it? Some periods' soldier models are too. But I can't remember how it all goes together.
At the very least, I think if the period's soldier models have old-school armour, it would make sense for Lucas (and his father) to use their old models.
But when the soldier models have moved beyond such armour, I think it would make sense for Lucas to do the same.

Arabella goes to bed early and will only be in the jungle between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm.
Got caught out by that for today's video too.
Thought the game had bugged up.
Had to crawl into the code to find out... what you already knew. :facepalm

Back