• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Another shot of the Moon which, in the ultimate act of piracy, I've stolen and nailed to my ship's superstructure. xD
moon_on_board.jpg

I'd noticed this glitch several times during a night-time battle. The Moon would overlap with part of a ship, my own or someone else's, and the game would display them in the wrong order with the Moon in front of the ship. It didn't last long so this was the first shot I actually managed to get as a screen capture.

I wonder how many doubloons you could sell that for? xD

Strange glitch indeed, though it's probably just related to the way the engine renders the sun and moon.
Does the moon only partially overlap the ship, or does it keep overlapping even when it should be completely hidden behind it?

Man overboard! Two of them, in fact.

This is on the super xebec which I got for the "Assassin" storyline. It's inconsistent in that sailors don't appear away from the ship every time I go into sailing mode. It's consistent in that once they've appeared there, they'll stay there until I go to worldmap.

overboard.jpg

Another glitched walk file, probably. :facepalm

That happens all the time with any ship. I get that when leaving port when enemy ships are there. They spawn automatically when I go from the dock to the ship. They are very rare for me otherwise.

I found a new toy to play with! :diomed She has the best figurehead in the game and is HIGHLY decorative. :beer:

But the hull and deck have the "model can not be read" bug so I don't know how far I'll get in updating her. Maybe only new yards and sails. :dfiddle
beta3 2014-06-09 09-48-02-19.jpg beta3 2014-06-09 09-48-09-62.jpg beta3 2014-06-09 09-49-38-12.jpg

Last edited:
That ship's new rig makes her look so much better. :onya

Which period is that? I noticed the Centurion there fighting alongside a galleon, which doesn't seem right...

That is the Tales of a Chevalier storyline and the year was early 1700. The fleets were Spanish and English and the galleons were the Spanish War Galleons. The Centurion is in there and it is actually very common. I had to avoid the English fleets for some time just to avoid that thing.

OK, sounds like we should probably drop anything based on the stock Galleons and FastGalleons from that period, since they should be long gone by then.
I checked my old Excel chart and it seems that period has the highest cross-over of ships from earlier and later periods, so removing the galleons should make it less cluttered.

Hmm. At first I was thinking nonono, but then looked at the lineup and that should make the wargalleons and battleships less rare.

I'm flattered, but that second screenie is one of mine. You should give credit where credit is due son. :wp

Here is the original and the story behind it. The Neptunus is in my Christmas colors and the FWzP is in fantasy French colors I made for someone who wanted to port her to POTBS.
Dynamic Duo.jpg
More screenies. fish and flags.jpg the beach.jpg FWzP after.jpg

This calls into question the 3rd screenie you posted. We try to have good relations with our German friends as we like to swap ships back and forth. I am in the process of porting one of their ships to POTC now.

It is easy to make your own screenies and I am looking forward to seeing yours. :doff

Yeah sorry I made you upset Armada and Hylie Pistof I found them on Google but the 1st one is mine sorry guys I know now.

Last edited:
If anyone doubts that the new encounter system is completely broken, have a look at this...
sail_ho.jpg

There were indeed two Portuguese fleets. They didn't shoot at each other, but Portugal doesn't like me, so when they both started heading towards me I decided not to stay around. :D

Back