• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

theyre cute , a pest but in the game cute i dont know if anybodys noticed but their running animation sends their feet out to crazy lengths through their back haha

Edit: i know this because i chased that little booger for 15 mins with the camera to get that :p

*on the world map* french battle fleet.. hmm i wonder what that is

View attachment 17821

Oh.. oh dear calypso full sail any other way but towards that

Looks like we are both screwed - I started a new free roam and this happened I'm Screwed.jpg 8 french warships all above 5th rate with 2 dutch 3rd rates (off to the right ). I managed to get away without too much damage - my fleet on Tale's of a Sea hawk could take em though :p

haha though do keep an eye on em if your lucky the ai might stop working then its free pickings if you can survive as boarding ive had that happen a couple of times now ;)

Yeah thats true - although I doubt me and my crew would stand a chance against one of those ships :p - although it has been done before :rpirate

I remember someone who captured a Manowar with a Gunboat many, many years ago.

That might be the "Trans-Atlantic Armada" encounter type. That is set up to consist of 6-10 ships between tiers 3-1.
They're rare, but they're there.

I captured the Soleil Royal in a dinghy, right after it sank my 5th rate frigate.
(If that's what you were refering to)

I remember someone who captured a Manowar with a Gunboat many, many years ago.

That might be the "Trans-Atlantic Armada" encounter type. That is set up to consist of 6-10 ships between tiers 3-1.
They're rare, but they're there.

Yeah - i've done exactly that but in Build 13 - get close enough without getting hit and then make sure you have the toughness perk - used to make you nearly invincible with the right swordplay ;)

It can be done in Build 14 too. I captured a Man O War with a pinnace, but didn't have enough crew to sail it and had to scuttle it.

That is very unlucky ahahaha - was the cargo any good? And yeah I did manage to take out three frigates, a heavy pinnance of war and a 5th rate with just the pearl so it can be done ;).

The best I've managed was probably to take a 3rd rate battleship using the super-xebec which you get during the "Assassin" storyline. (And a lot of war galleons, which were insanely common due to Beta 3.2's fouled up encounter system. :rpirate)

The Black Pearl is pretty awesome (or was, there's been talk of toning it down for Beta 3.3 :() and I've managed to take on some pretty impressive fleets with her. It helps if one or more of the ships surrender, so you get to use their crews and don't need to put any of your own aboard - in fact you can replace losses from your own crew and leave a minimal crew aboard the prize. More impressive was capturing the Black Pearl in the first place, plus the 1st rate man of war Sovereign of the Seas and the assorted pirate ships with her, using a flushdeck frigate. :napoleon

Here is a nice little battle. The French fort and the Dutch ships are fighting and my ships and the Spanish ships are fighting. At times everybody was shooting everybody else including my ships shooting me. :rumgone
Beta3 2014-08-28 16-13-50-99.jpg

The Black Pearl is pretty awesome (or was, there's been talk of toning it down for Beta 3.3 :()
As I said, I fixed a bug that applied to her that results in her having her normal (read: lower) stats now.
If her stats need improving, we can easily do so. But I need to know what stats we want for her then.

I think the Pearl is perfect the way it is - a ship with legendary speed but can't take too many hits (from warships anyway ;) ) - although maybe have a non-invincible dutchman as well? - That would be incredibly fun :)

The first and third look like variations on the US_BattleFrigate and RN_BattleFrigate.
That second one is a massively different paint scheme though! Or should I say "lack of paint" scheme? :razz

The second is my current favorite. It makes the ship look bigger in-game as well for some reason. the first basically replaces the white with silver, covers the nation-specific decor, and I added some new stripes to make it go faster, lol. The third I have mixed feelings about. It might be a bit too green.

Once I learn to add quests I want to have a few built around this specific vessel. As it is it replaces the "Sink the Pirate Corvette" mission for France but I ultimately want it to be an experimental new ship design made by the English that you steal from the RN by impersonating its captain and then bolting from a convy (which turns on you) during a naval parade being staged for the Governor of Port Royale as revenge for hanging a famous pirate.

Wait, you want to replace an Aurora class frigate with the Connie in that French pirate hunting mission from Martinique? :8q That would be suicide for many players until late in the game when they start getting good ships. :pirateraftI for one would not want to go up against that monster in fleuts or fast merchantmen. At least it has a weak hull.

I modified the quest dialogue from the governor warning the player that they were dealing with a powerful ship. It also has less firepower than the Constitution with 6 fewer guns and only 18 pounders instead of 24. The HPF is a long-range endurance vessel, sacrificing some firepower for speed and capasity. Still badass but not as hard hitting as the Connie.

Also it only replaces the ship in BBF, not the other scenarios.

Back