• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

o_O *flails* no freeking FREEKING WAY

i dont even... HOW... BWAHAHHAAHAAAAAAA this captian is a disgrace ok i saw on the map "french war fleet" and boy i dang near did my dacks in when i saw a Royal Man O War not to mention all the other battleships all from the deck of my caravel i went for broke and had good wind his first volley missed me i hit his side and boarded to find out that he had straight up surrendered they must rely be afraid of me.
Your Jokeing.jpg Aparently not.jpg

I think the Pearl is perfect the way it is - a ship with legendary speed but can't take too many hits (from warships anyway ;) ) - although maybe have a non-invincible dutchman as well? - That would be incredibly fun :)
Wish granted. The Dutchman is not invincible. :rpirate

i dont even... HOW... BWAHAHHAAHAAAAAAA this captian is a disgrace ok i saw on the map "french war fleet" and boy i dang near did my dacks in when i saw a Royal Man O War not to mention all the other battleships all from the deck of my caravel i went for broke and had good wind his first volley missed me i hit his side and boarded to find out that he had straight up surrendered they must rely be afraid of me.
I always found that line "Be prudent, France will be sure to hunt you down" highly amusing. You mean they'll send more ships for me to capture? :g2

At least you didn't lose your ship like my last attempt, maybe he foresaw a mutiny and surrendered, so he would be saved?

I dont know though you may be right , either way i don't think he will see the bit where where i put him out in a Dinghy during a Tornado coming :walkplank

View attachment 17937 View attachment 17938

They were likely out of cheese and wine, what did you expect them to do? Also, did you or anyone on your crew say something in German? That gives them the willies something fierce.

My current ship "Vengeance" (UI is on because i took it kinda rushed after noticing that enemy ship)
9F28E4319A924801AE30B1A4E851387D7376A908
Captured this today! (From the quest about the children)
F0F0DF46C20957C34ADA93C06F350C2BC2A93007
Triplet bodyguards xD (Hired them like that but i changed them skins later :D)
87291C93236384085B236455776237C99E59A3AB
Pictures from New Granada nice place! (A bit of a pain to get to though :p)
13AFC209A58E902AE9481F3F266EE9D93A694436
63F974985206385C73E7CA9300EAB8729DAF231A
C5FBE754AAF871015796021F9E64A107BC12C1BA
First encounter outside of Martinique! (Guess who won lol:ko) Isn't there a way to board it ?
9560AC23140E7F88D2B89470D9C6E74EB26C034E
0059D66BCD831830E5EA9D816FBEBCF08B811613
518D608EE5ABD64F17D3C1B834300FB1E30FD5D9

Nice, thanks for the reply. I remember that from the stock game, but i didn't know if it changed with the mod.

About an earlier post, can you capture the Flying Dutchman or just destroy it ? Also is it in all storylines ?

You could only sink the Pearl in the original game, not capture. You can now!

The Dutchman is only in a few storylines and cannot be captured.
You can, however, purchase her in most storylines from Hendrick Vanderdecken.

Hmm could it be that i captured that ship with the 100 cannons and then fighting the Pearl with it then ? Anyways it's been a long time.. :bird::rumgone

Triplet bodyguards xD (Hired them like that but i changed them skins later :D)
Yes, almost all female officers for hire in taverns are in that uniform. You occasionally see others. Or you can just hire the generic female officer and then buy her a new outfit. xD

Hmm could it be that i captured that ship with the 100 cannons and then fighting the Pearl with it then ? Anyways it's been a long time.. :bird::rumgone
The only 100 gun ship I've ever seen in the standard storyline is Silehard's flagship, which you can capture at the end of the main quest shortly before you go up against the Black Pearl. There are supposed to be fleets of the things wandering around but I've never seen one, which is a pity because the French one has even more guns and I've been doing everything possible to annoy France in the hope that it will send some serious opposition to hunt me down. :rpirate

The only 100 gun ship I've ever seen in the standard storyline is Silehard's flagship, which you can capture at the end of the main quest shortly before you go up against the Black Pearl. There are supposed to be fleets of the things wandering around but I've never seen one, which is a pity because the French one has even more guns and I've been doing everything possible to annoy France in the hope that it will send some serious opposition to hunt me down. :rpirate

Yea, that must have been the one then, you couldn't get it earlier, just in the ending. No fun! :aar

I quit using ENB years ago as all it did for me was make everything glow with a halo around it. Try it for yourself.

I think i saw a couple of screenshots a while back while it was a separate installation, it looked as you said glowing plus i'm afraid of the fps hit it might have.

I have always like the way the sun sparkles on the water in POTC. This is better than anything I have seen in Crytek or Unity.
No matter what anyone else might say, I really do like the look of PotC. It was really good for its time and it is certainly not ugly even today.
The main issues for me are that the PotC engine doesn't allow us the freedom to do everything we want and the walking around/fencing really isn't as exciting as it could be.

I wonder if it looks better with the ENB mod, anyone currently playing with that ?
Doesn't make much difference. :no

I think i saw a couple of screenshots a while back while it was a separate installation, it looked as you said glowing plus i'm afraid of the fps hit it might have.
There is an uninstaller to go with it, so you can try and remove it again if it doesn't work well for you.

Back