• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

i was going to say this but i didn't but now i will but some times i play in the 1500s and the info has not been updates like i asked this guy about the Jamaica and he still says in 1655 the the English tasked over Jamaica when i am in the year 1535.
and is it normal to have the English navy walking around in Antigua its just stupid and i think it needs to be fixed.

Those years are probably hardcoded in the dialogs.

Antigua is intended to be a British navy base.

So before 1655 there should be nobody on Antigua. There should be no port, and no point in going to the beach. Even if this is never implemented in game code, you can implement it very easily in your own game. Do not go to Antigua. xD

PROGRAM\Periods.c find:
Code:
period.Towns.Philipsburg.disable = true;             // not working entirely right yet
That could be used for Antigua as well.
But as stated, it doesn't work entirely right. Unfinished feature, I'm afraid....

:monkeydance:monkeydance:monkeydance:monkeydance:monkeydance:monkeydance

I got the FWzP!!! :love:love:love :xmas:xmas:xmas This must be the rarest ship in the game, which is a crime as it is probably the best built ship in the game. :bow:bow:bow

First screenies, and more will be coming.
Beta3 2014-09-13 21-59-13-08.jpg Beta3 2014-09-13 21-59-21-84.jpg Beta3 2014-09-13 21-59-40-25.jpg

This ship was revolutionary when introduced with the open gun ports and the ability to walk all over the ship. It is also very nicely detailed.
Beta3 2014-09-14 09-56-00-36.jpg Beta3 2014-09-14 09-56-19-02.jpg Beta3 2014-09-14 09-56-23-17.jpg Beta3 2014-09-14 09-57-08-59.jpg Beta3 2014-09-14 09-57-19-42.jpg Beta3 2014-09-14 09-57-39-70.jpg

See that ship on occasion i did not know it was so well regarded i will have to try her out sometime.

For now i am on a new game stormy start with only a tartane to my name and i did have a slight hiccup the island i started on was Cozumel and i was on the interior i did manage to get out but it was a tense few moments .

The aspect ratio has changed on my screenshots because i am back home so on my regular square monitor <3

stuck.jpg

Last edited:
Just too update.
After a few trips smuggleing sandalwood and a loan i was able to obtain my first ship . Love the rigging on these smaller ships.
bigupgrade.jpg

Allso assembled a missfit band for my officers an unlucky navigator , lovesick Spaniard and some random shmo i met in the tavern one time who said he was good at grappling .. or fishing .. well good at sompthing probably.

merrymen.jpg

Ultimately i upgraded again after some successful jobs for rich merchants i allso like this skin for the caravel because it has the crests i use for my personal flag on it.

much progress.jpg

Damski and Pgargon get credit for building the FWzP. I only see her maybe once a year real time. She is fast and manueverable and has a large crew and 56-24lb cannons.

Once you learn the route it is possible to get full size ships in and out of Cozumel.

Those Caravels are very underrated as they are very good ships. They just are not very strongly built.

Probably i see them more often because of a wee tenancy of mine to harass Holland wherever and whenever possible.
The rocks were closed on the Cozumel entrance i was basicly stuck in there but sailing up to the wall and going world map got me out so that was good:flower cant say i have ever gotten a big ship in there i will have to give it a crack when i get to it.

Caravels i have always had a soft spot for cant say if anybody else does they're weak in the hull and in the firepower but with a good captain and solid crew i think they do alright.

crain.jpg crain2.jpg

Also as a side note i have been trying to improve my Grammar a lil bit still nowhere near where i want to but will get there.

I think that emblem is in the game standard.

Edit : Just checked and yep it is,

Choose sails > standard sails > change to pirate emblem > above the sail picture click on the arrows to change the emblem.

sails.jpg

Last edited:
Back