• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Ahh yeah i am not sure about that myself i am fairly certain \RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\Sails is where those emblems are if you wanted to look; but as far as adding ones i have no clue which is why i was saying that other emblem is already in the mod i don't think its easy to do though i could be totally wrong, im not much help sorry.

You just need the TX Converter to convert your own sail texture.
Replacing an existing sail is very easy, but even adding another is quite doable.
Just have to increase a number to make the game see it.

Was not expecting the birds to look as good as they do close up i allso got a shot of the slightly creepy figurehead on my caravel and last up my ship and a few others just specks on the horizon.
Birds.png Figurehead.jpg Horizon.jpg

Relevant code files for sails.

PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
// CUSTOM SAILS -------------------------
#define QTY_LOGOSAILS_WHOLE_WHITE     17     // INT - increase this when you add new whole white sails.
                         // The files should be named sails_whole_white_pirate0.tga.tx, sails_whole_white_pirate1.tga.tx, sails_whole_white_pirate2.tga.tx, etc.
                         // So if the value above is set, for example, to 15, then the file numbers should be 0 - 14
                         // They should be put in RESOURCE/Textures/Ships/
#define QTY_LOGOSAILS_TORN_WHITE     15     // INT - increase this when you add new torn white sails. the files should be named sails_torn_white_pirate0.tga.tx etc.
#define QTY_LOGOSAILS_WHOLE_RED       17     // INT - increase this when you add new whole red sails. the files should be named sails_whole_red_pirate0.tga.tx etc.
#define QTY_LOGOSAILS_TORN_RED       15     // INT - increase this when you add new torn red sails. the files should be named sails_torn_red_pirate0.tga.tx etc.
#define QTY_LOGOSAILS_WHOLE_BLACK     17     // INT - increase this when you add new whole black sails. the files should be named sails_whole_black_pirate0.tga.tx etc.
#define QTY_LOGOSAILS_TORN_BLACK     16     // INT - increase this when you add new torn black sails. the files should be named sails_torn_black_pirate0.tga.tx etc.
PROGRAM\INTERFACE\kam_selectsails.c - Only needed for SPECIAL sails:
Code:
  SpecialSailsNormal[0] = "sail_petros_plain.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[0] = "sail_petros_plain.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[0] = "Red sails with yellow stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.";
   SpecialSailsNormal[1] = "sail_petros_black_red.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[1] = "sail_petros_black_red.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[1] = "Red sails with black stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.";
   SpecialSailsNormal[2] = "sail_petros_blue_white.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[2] = "sail_petros_blue_white.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[2] = "White sails with blue stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.";
   SpecialSailsNormal[3] = "sail_barbarossa_plain.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[3] = "sail_barbarossa_plain.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[3] = "White sails with blue stripes as used by the notorious pirate Barbarossa.";
   SpecialSailsNormal[4] = "sail_purewhite_plain.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[4] = "sws_christian_maria.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[4] = "Catholic sails with a picture of the Virgin Mary.";
   SpecialSailsNormal[5] = "sail_BlackPearl_whole.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[5] = "sail_BlackPearl_whole.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[5] = "Whole black sails characteristic to Black Pearl."
   SpecialSailsNormal[6] = "sail_BlackPearl_torn.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[6] = "sail_BlackPearl_torn.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[6] = "Black tattered sails characteristic to Black Pearl."
   SpecialSailsNormal[7] = "sail_whole_black_patch1.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[7] = "sail_whole_black_patch2.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[7] = "Black patched sails used on Black Pearl under Captain Jack Sparrow command."
   SpecialSailsNormal[8] = "sail_dutchman2.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[8] = "sail_dutchman2.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[8] = "Green torn sails as seen on the Flying Dutchman under the command of captain Davy Jones.";
   SpecialSailsNormal[9] = "sail_dutchman1.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[9] = "sail_dutchman1.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[9] = "Khaki whole sails as seen on the Flying Dutchman under the command of captain Will Turner.";
   SpecialSailsDescr[10] = "Junk sails for Empress."
   SpecialSailsNormal[10] = "sail_Empress.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[10] = "sail_Empress.tga";
   SpecialSailsNormal[11] = "sail_torn_red_qar.tga";
   SpecialSailsEmblem[11] = "sail_torn_red_qar.tga";
   SpecialSailsDescr[11] = "Red torn sails with holes characteristic to Queen Anne's Revenge."
RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\interface_strings.txt:
Code:
Emblem{Emblem}
Special Sail{Special Sail}
sails with pirate emblem.{sails with pirate emblem.}
sails with national emblem.{sails with national emblem.}

Black tattered sails characteristic to Black Pearl.{Black tattered sails characteristic to Black Pearl.}
Whole black sails characteristic to Black Pearl.{Whole black sails characteristic to Black Pearl.}
Black patched sails used on Black Pearl under Captain Jack Sparrow command.{Black patched sails used on Black Pearl under Captain Jack Sparrow's command.}
White sails with blue stripes as used by the notorious pirate Barbarossa.{White sails with blue stripes as used by the notorious pirate Barbarossa.}
Red sails with yellow stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.{Red sails with yellow stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.}
Red sails with black stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.{Red sails with black stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.}
White sails with blue stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.{White sails with blue stripes as used by the notorious Petros the Pirate.}
Khaki whole sails as seen on the Flying Dutchman under the command of captain Will Turner.{Khaki whole sails as seen on the Flying Dutchman under the command of captain Will Turner.}
Green torn sails as seen on the Flying Dutchman under the command of captain Davy Jones.{Green torn sails as seen on the Flying Dutchman under the command of captain Davy Jones.}
Catholic sails with a picture of the Virgin Mary.{Catholic sails with a picture of the Virgin Mary.}
Red torn sails with holes characteristic to Queen Anne's Revenge.{Red torn sails with holes characteristic to Queen Anne's Revenge.}
Junk sails for Empress.{Junk sails for Empress.}
National Emblem{National Emblem}
sails, without emblem.{sails, without emblem.}
Plain{Plain}
black{black}
crimson{crimson}
white{white}
Torn{Torn}
Whole{Whole}
Default Sails{Default Sails}
Standard Sails{Standard Sails}
Normal Sails{Normal Sails}
Pure White Sails{Pure White Sails}
Weathered Sails{Weathered Sails}
Special Sails{Special Sails}
Whole Sails{Whole Sails}
Torn Sails{Torn Sails}
White Sails{White Sails}
Crimson Sails{Crimson Sails}
Black Sails{Black Sails}
Pirate Emblem{Pirate Emblem}
Pure White{Pure White}
Weathered{Weathered}

Jellybean.jpg

Lets play a game ! guess how manny people are sitting there Xd my guess is 7

I can see at least 5, possibly 6 in the pile on the right. Add in the smuggler for 6-7. The guy standing in the foreground doesn't count because the question was "how many people are sitting there". ;)

Well, I strapped on the Black Pearl at Martinique. Five ships and the fort blasted away at her at point blank range till I ran out of ammunition and gave up, and she was still at 100%. I will try to remember not to do this again. :rumgone

B 3 2014-10-16 17-22-12-48.jpg B 3 2014-10-16 17-34-05-99.jpg B 3 2014-10-16 17-41-17-36.jpg

It's also odd, unless the game has changed to make the Black Pearl hostile. I've played "Tales of a Sea Hawk" several times, the most recent being when I dumped Beta 3.2 and installed Beta 3.1. Certainly on that occasion the Pearl wasn't hostile.

The Black Pearl is probably immune to damage during the encounter at Martinique, and I'd guess that dates back to the original game. Can't have you sinking the accursed ship before the appointment at Khael Roa / Cozumel, can we? xD

The Black Pearl has always been hostile going back as far as I can remember. I have seen her sink entire fleets off Martinique. My usual strategy is to shoot out her sails and flee, but this time I decided to see what the fort could do.

What was your relationship with France at that time? Your ship is flying French colours, but then so is mine if I need to get into St. Pierre port itself. I can't remember now whether I was flying false French colours to enter through the front, or whether I had the British flag up with the intent of sneaking in via the beach. Perhaps the Black Pearl just doesn't like the French, and since I don't either, maybe that's why she is not hostile to me. :g2

I was heading into Martinique to beg forgiveness. I had completed all the main quest stuff and want to trade with the rich French colonies. My relationship with them at the time was -87. I usually beg forgiveness much earlier in the game so usually fly my personal flag at this point.

I was sailing in flying the French flag to keep the fort from firing on me and actually sailed right between two French ships that were more interested in the Black Pearl than me.

Back