• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

While we are on the subject of forts, here is another one.
B 3 2015-03-17 13-37-57-93.jpg

"Remember, red coats are our men, blue coats are the enemy."
"Uh-oh, I'd better hide behind them and hope they don't turn round..."

land_battle.jpg

This is my first big battle in 3.5. 16 ships and all of them class 3 beasts. It was a slide show, but a profitable slide show.
Beta 3 2015-04-20 08-40-53-36.jpg Beta 3 2015-04-20 08-44-35-68.jpg Beta 3 2015-04-20 08-47-24-68.jpg Beta 3 2015-04-20 08-49-32-06.jpg Beta 3 2015-04-20 09-09-09-78.jpg

Nice portrait of Bartolomeu o Portugues. Can I turn myself in, claim the reward, then escape? xD

I noticed this when I'd docked at San Juan under a false Spanish flag. Some of the local citizens tried to claim the reward. I know it wasn't a normal random thug attack because one of the attackers was a woman, and it wasn't retaliation for me attacking anyone else because I hadn't attacked anyone else - in fact, I hadn't had time to attack anyone else. The resulting fight got the soldiers involved; either they've now been programmed to intervene in such battles or someone accidentally shot a soldier. The fort commandant duly sent reinforcements. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for most of the population of San Juan port, I was carrying gold armour and a good sword, and so were all my officers. So when peace was finally restored, the only survivors were me, my officers, and anyone who didn't have a sword so never got involved in the fight. And that's when I spotted the poster. :)

bart_wanted.jpg

There is some special behaviour used only in the Bartolomeu storyline that marks certain locations as "dangerous".
This means that if you are hostile to the nation owning that location, people might recognize you and everyone starts attacking.
Of course this matches with the locations that have the reward posters. I think that is what you ran into. :cheeky

I thought you'd maybe done some work on making hostile port more hostile. If not, that may be a place to start. ;) The other possibility I considered was that Spain specifically would have "Wanted" posters out on Bartolomeu because they really didn't appreciate him gatecrashing the party they were just about to hold in Havana in honour of his crew. :beer:

I thought you'd maybe done some work on making hostile port more hostile. If not, that may be a place to start. ;)
Haven't done any work on that for many years now. But indeed that "dangerous" behaviour might prove a good basis for making ALL hostile ports more, well, hostile. :wp

The other possibility I considered was that Spain specifically would have "Wanted" posters out on Bartolomeu because they really didn't appreciate him gatecrashing the party they were just about to hold in Havana in honour of his crew. :beer:
Yep, that's pretty much it. :yes

My allergies have cleared up and I can see again. So besides doing some outdoor work I decided that the paint on the Neptunus was too gaudy and did a new one.
Beta 3 2015-05-10 20-28-58-76.jpg Beta 3 2015-05-10 20-29-17-38.jpg Beta 3 2015-05-10 20-29-53-83.jpg Beta 3 2015-05-10 20-30-15-24.jpg

I also got that pirate pack where I found this guy. Beta 3 2015-05-10 20-25-06-23.jpg No way he is going up into the rigging so maybe he can be used as an anchor.

Pirate pack? Is that the Famous Pirates Collection you can buy from the tailor?

New game, new ship, new paint. What else is new? :pirateraft

I decided that the Diligente doesn't look right. The POTC version looks too new and clean and De Zeeroovers version looks too old and thrashed, so I started experimenting. I kind of like this white with gold trim look but will keep experimenting.
POTC new 2015-05-11 19-36-14-95.jpg POTC new 2015-05-11 19-36-26-82.jpg POTC new 2015-05-11 19-36-33-57.jpg

True, but I can only use primary colors like red, blue, brown, and black. Green might be too Dutch. I am trying to find good contrast between the main color and the trim.

Is that because you're changing the colours through HEX-editing her to use different texture files?

Yes. I use existing textures and rename them as needed. All of my attempts to create or modify textures were a mess and I stopped trying. Here is some red trim.
POTC new 2015-05-12 07-00-37-13.jpg

Is there a more wood/yellow-coloured planking you can use? I'd be curious to see what that looks like.

Back