• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

More changes.
POTC new 2015-05-12 09-03-29-37.jpg POTC new 2015-05-12 09-56-20-40.jpg POTC new 2015-05-12 10-24-04-50.jpg

Yes it does except it is too dark to me. The yellow trim can be too bright. I found yellowish planks and will see how that looks.

To me this one is the best compromise between color and contrast. The yellow planks didn't work out too well IMO.
POTC new 2015-05-12 12-30-02-96.jpg

Since the Diligente ended up blue I changed the Spanish Neptunus to red. Now it is almost full circle back to where she was to begin with. Smuggling doesn't seem to be quite as easy as it used to be, but i still got away ok.
POTC new 2015-05-12 22-17-47-37.jpg

The Portuguese Navy is now recruiting...
po_navy_office.jpg

I don't know if this exists in general, or just in the "Bartolomeu" storyline; that is certainly where I found it. They're actually a bunch of pirates; they don't really want to enlist you, they want to attach one of their ships to yours and then claim half the proceeds of whatever raiding you do afterwards. :cheers

The Portuguese Navy is now recruiting...

I don't know if this exists in general, or just in the "Bartolomeu" storyline; that is certainly where I found it. They're actually a bunch of pirates; they don't really want to enlist you, they want to attach one of their ships to yours and then claim half the proceeds of whatever raiding you do afterwards. :cheers
That indeed sounds like the special Bartolomeu-only companion character that you can hire.

hidden_elting.jpg

"Captain Elting? I didn't see you for a while."
"That's not surprising, with this guy sitting on my lap."

"Captain Elting? I didn't see you for a while."
"That's not surprising, with this guy sitting on my lap."
Do you know which quest scene that is in the code?
I know there is some code in place to prevent random characters sitting in spots where there are other characters, but of course that wouldn't work if the story character is put there later.
A temporary .vcskip attribute should prevent that though.

^ @Bartolomeu o Portugues

The conversation with Elting is probably "see_elting2". You are teleported to the tavern a few cases earlier in "barto_tavern_again".

It's all part of the "Aztec Treasure" quest, specifically the part where you've finished talking to Agilo Casamayor and now want to check in person that the treasure really exists and Agilo hasn't been feeding you false information in order to get more 500 gold handouts from you. Starting from the top of "quests_reaction.c", search for "Aztec", then search for "Elting" and you should end up in the right area.

Didn't know there were skeleton monkeys in jungles! Better watch out in case I may find white jaguars hanging out in the southern part of the Caribbean =)
1.jpg

Didn't know there were skeleton monkeys in jungles! Better watch out in case I may find white jaguars hanging out in the southern part of the Caribbean =)
Those were actually part of the original game. :yes

YEa my first thought was that POTC was the primary game before AOP was launched.. and that AOP was launched with major improvements comparing to POTC original version.

Pride of the WIC:
3.jpg

Feel the might of me warship (mind you, mine is the poor bugger out by the harbor)
4.jpg

And another focused shot on the Dutch sails
5.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 128
YEa my first thought was that POTC was the primary game before AOP was launched.. and that AOP was launched with major improvements comparing to POTC original version.
Except that AoP was rushed too. The best of the bunch out of the box is probably CoAS.
But that one was made a pain to purchase in the Western world to do the publishers apparently not caring at all.

Yes COAS is the one i played.. i never tried CT.
Back in the day when i first downloaded COAS, I spent an entire holiday isolated from the world and just playing.. from how much I loved it I finished a game in 2 days and made new character over & over again !

Back