• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

A cannonball from a 6lb'er can still cripple like a cannonball from a 48lb'er (NOT!)
6.jpg

And who said a mini warship can't subjugate a mighty one?
7.jpg

Last edited:
That last one looks strangely familiar...

Silv_Shad_new_1.jpg
I wasn't sure if I still had this old screenshot lying around... that brings back memories. :keith

Only difference between the pics is: you are self admiring the sunset.. while on mine i am being generous to enemy crew and let them enjoy their last sunset :D

Most likely I caught this shot today.. Spanish heavy war galleon.. 56 guns 24'lber, 576 crew, and i upgraded cargo to almost 10k.
Here's another shot me firing:

25.jpg

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 112
YEs I don't know which one, but usually I do all 8 upgrades.. I think it;s the pirate build.. try to make all your upgrades in the pirate towns.. you should get a nice 1-2k extra cargo

YEs I don't know which one, but usually I do all 8 upgrades.. I think it;s the pirate build.. try to make all your upgrades in the pirate towns.. you should get a nice 1-2k extra cargo
You would think that "flushing" your ship would actually decrease cargo space since it slims the ship down, strange...

I don;t know about that. sometimes i dont even read what the upgrades are.. but since it's called an "upgrade" I assume it's a good thing for my ship :p
So with all the millions coming in my way, just spend awaaaay

Ps. I confirm to you 1000% that one of the upgrades is cargo increase because i did it atleast 20 times lol

I don;t know about that. sometimes i dont even read what the upgrades are.. but since it's called an "upgrade" I assume it's a good thing for my ship :p
So with all the millions coming in my way, just spend awaaaay

Ps. I confirm to you 1000% that one of the upgrades is cargo increase because i did it atleast 20 times lol
Several times on one ship or over different ships? Im suspecting my build version is not up to date...

Just once.. any upgrade you do is implemented one time only.
If you sell the ship, you sell for a little higher value but when you get a new ship you must do that upgrade again if you want that benefit.

Just once.. any upgrade you do is implemented one time only.
If you sell the ship, you sell for a little higher value but when you get a new ship you must do that upgrade again if you want that benefit.
oh okay. While i have your attention il go ahead and ask about something unrelated. The perk critical shot seems to be unavailable to me. I have the three required perks to get it and the required skill point but the "ok" option is blurred out if i click on it. Doesn't say that it requires any skill book or anything of the sort. Any ideas?

Many of them have pros and cons.

I thought non of them mentioned cargo space?
Somewhere in InternalSettings.h is defined what they all do, if I remember.

oh okay. While i have your attention il go ahead and ask about something unrelated. The perk critical shot seems to be unavailable to me. I have the three required perks to get it and the required skill point but the "ok" option is blurred out if i click on it. Doesn't say that it requires any skill book or anything of the sort. Any ideas?
Screenshot?

You should not be able to apply the same upgrade to the same ship several times.

The corsair refit increases your cargo capacity, speed and turn rate, and reduces your HP. It is only available at pirate shipyards. It used to be called flushdecking, which in reality would have changed the ship's appearance (it involved cutting away some of the superstructure) and wasn't just done by pirates - the Royal Navy did it to some of their ships and probably didn't send them to pirate yards to have it done. xD The corsair refit is effectively stripping out some of the internal structure, making the ship lighter and yielding more space for plunder, but also making it weaker.

There's also a chance that any pirate ship you meet will already have had this done, which is why when I was sailing a fast war galleon and captured another one from a pirate, I kept the ex-pirate one and sold my original ship instead.

I'm also a noob with perks.. all i know is the missing ones are found from books.. u need to travel around the map and buy from stores/kiosks then you have to open the books from your inventory by pressing "Examine" ..

the advanced perks you can get i think after completing a set, or reaching a particular level within that perk category.

Back