• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

I'm also a noob with perks.. all i know is the missing ones are found from books.. u need to travel around the map and buy from stores/kiosks then you have to open the books from your inventory by pressing "Examine" ..
Some are unlocked by doing specific things in the game. Switch to Apprentice/Journeyman difficulty and the interface will tell you what you need to do.

s986h51it
c179ec6b

eeeh, you can't see these can you

You can if you right-click the broken image, copy the image URL, open another browser tab and past in the URL. ;)

So what I see there is that although all three contributing perks are ticked, you don't personally have "Increased Crew Damage". A tick means someone qualified to use the perk has it, probably a gunner in this case. Note that your officers also gain experience and can be given perks, which are now divided into "Contributing" (those relevant to the officer's job) and "Non-contributing" (the officer has them but won't be using them). "Contributing" perks function as if you yourself had them, which is why it's good to have competent officers. Watch that gunner and when he gains another level, he'll gain an ability point which means you'll be able to give him "Critical shot". Alternatively you'll need to go up another level to get "Increased Crew Damage" for yourself, then one more to get "Critical Shot" for yourself.

You can if you right-click the broken image, copy the image URL, open another browser tab and past in the URL. ;)

So what I see there is that although all three contributing perks are ticked, you don't personally have "Increased Crew Damage". A tick means someone qualified to use the perk has it, probably a gunner in this case. Note that your officers also gain experience and can be given perks, which are now divided into "Contributing" (those relevant to the officer's job) and "Non-contributing" (the officer has them but won't be using them). "Contributing" perks function as if you yourself had them, which is why it's good to have competent officers. Watch that gunner and when he gains another level, he'll gain an ability point which means you'll be able to give him "Critical shot". Alternatively you'll need to go up another level to get "Increased Crew Damage" for yourself, then one more to get "Critical Shot" for yourself.
Aaah, i suspected that this was the case so i checked my gunners skills but he is a scrub and didn't have a single gunner ability unlocked therefore the confusion. It turns out it was my surgeon who had the crew damage ability. Did not know that other officers could contribute with abilities outside of their working field. Mystery solved, thank you!

Did not know that other officers could contribute with abilities outside of their working field. Mystery solved, thank you!
They can't. But whoever wrote that part of the perk function may have had some odd ideas about what counts as "working field". A surgeon can perhaps increase damage because he knows where on the body to aim, though how you're supposed to aim a cannonball accurately enough for that to make a difference is beyond me. xD

They can't. But whoever wrote that part of the perk function may have had some odd ideas about what counts as "working field". A surgeon can perhaps increase damage because he knows where on the body to aim, though how you're supposed to aim a cannonball accurately enough for that to make a difference is beyond me. xD
Indeed! Might need to check the assignment in PROGRAM\Officers.c for that; doesn't sound like that makes very much sense. o_O

I tested it, i got rid of every officer except the surgeon and the crew damage is still ticked but greyed out. Do you mean that it doesn't actually work even though it is ticked?

I tested it, i got rid of every officer except the surgeon and the crew damage is still ticked but greyed out. Do you mean that it doesn't actually work even though it is ticked?
It does work. However, the SURGEON has that ability. So you would also need to give the follow-up ability to that surgeon.
If you want it yourself, then you need to get the prerequisite ability yourself first as well.

:wp that was the idea indeed.
Nice to see people do get the perk system :).

My top 10 choices for submitting for the contest; also posted on facebook page:
Creative enough? :p

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

My top 10 choices for submitting for the contest; also posted on facebook page:
Creative enough? :p
Not bad, not bad! They still need to put together on an actual cover art though; for now they're still loose screenshots.... :rolleyes:

Back