• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

It would look better if you could up the AA and AF, and set the texture quality to high in your video card control panel. This might cause frame rate issues with your old laptop but has no effect on anything but image quality for me.

That's wonderful to hear, I been wondering how your screenies have better quality.. I sure will check out on google how to improve the AA, AF texture qualities :)

Soldiers using the new musket with a knife attached as bayonet.

Attachments

• new muskets 1.jpg
    new muskets 1.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 194
  • new muskets 2.jpg
    new muskets 2.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 184
  • new muskets 3.jpg
    new muskets 3.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 177
Soldiers using the new musket with a knife attached as bayonet.
Very interesting! That second picture looks like the soldier is just about to whack Elting over the head with his musket.
Doesn't look much like stabbing, but I don't mind. :cheeky

Very interesting! That second picture looks like the soldier is just about to whack Elting over the head with his musket.
Doesn't look much like stabbing, but I don't mind. :cheeky
Obviously the soldier is improvising. :p
This is very cool, though. An inventive use of the assets and animations in the game.

Soldier: "Oops, out of bullets. Ahaaaa!! Take that, you scoundrel! *whack* *whack*"
:wp

Yes! I have used the musket as a club in the Goldbug. Could be implemented in all storylines but
who would choose a clumsy, heavy club if you got a decent blade?

All in a night's work...
kills.jpg

(The guy I was guarding is safe. I waited until he was round the corner so he didn't get in the way of the screenshot.)

Just a visual story of my game so far.
Havana just starting out.
POTC new 2015-07-30 16-03-02-67.jpg
This fellow is odd.
POTC new 2015-07-30 23-34-44-30.jpg
Tortuga
POTC new 2015-07-31 19-06-19-51.jpg
Alice Town
POTC new 2015-08-01 11-20-31-21.jpg
Port au Prince
POTC new 2015-08-01 11-30-01-38.jpg
Havana I was going so fast they couldn't hit me and was able to trade with the store and shipyard, but then couldn't leave, so started over from Alice Town.
POTC new 2015-08-01 11-34-43-64.jpg
Nevis The 4 ships in the background are hostile but I got away clean. Note the frame rate in the lower right corner. I haven't seen that in 2 years!
POTC new 2015-08-01 20-32-37-49.jpg
Sailing into the sunset and whatever awaits me.
POTC new 2015-08-01 22-32-31-27.jpg

Good to see the framerates are getting better again. At least the work I'm doing to gain performance is paying off :p

The odd fellow looks like one of my quest characters "gm_crew1" used elsewhere.
Maybe I have sized him up a little too much for the animation.

Yes performance is much better than before, but it still falls off to unplayable once in a while when lots of ships are around.

That odd fellow is the padre. He is a large fellow so I give him the largest character I can find. There is lots of strange stuff going on with many characters involving the hands.

Yes performance is much better than before, but it still falls off to unplayable once in a while when lots of ships are around.
Indeed it still isn't perfectly smooth. Maybe I'll see if there is anything to be figured out there after the whole flags and nations relations thing is sorted.

That odd fellow is the padre. He is a large fellow so I give him the largest character I can find. There is lots of strange stuff going on with many characters involving the hands.
The padre from La Croix? If so, you changed his model, didn't you?
How did you find that model? I'm not sure if it even meant to be sold. And if it is, perhaps it has its animation set incorrectly?

Indeed it still isn't perfectly smooth. Maybe I'll see if there is anything to be figured out there after the whole flags and nations relations thing is sorted.

I think I know the culprit and its on my todo list ;).
Theres a large function called about each second in the shipAI code. I need to rework that one.

Got a new laptop.. 16GB of RAM and GEFORCE GTX NVIDIA video card.. lets see how improved graphics will be :D

Sharpe's riflemen now have rifles. They do not, however, have slings. So as the riflemen march past, the rifles follow in loose formation with their owners. xD

riflemen.jpg

Back