• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Meanwhile, it's time to get on with something else I've been thinking about for a while. Perhaps you recognise this man.
Damn right I do! And I recognize the picture from the Captain Horatio Hornblower, R.N. movie, which is quite a favourite of mine. :woot

Apologies for the lighting. Kingston Naval HQ really ought to invest in some decent lamps. xD
That would not be too difficult. ;)
Guide - Generating Location Lighting Files (.COL)

From the same source:
el_supremo_game.jpg

It always irked me in that movie the well researched and detailed the british uniforms were, and in turn the Spanish officers looked like Skittles, each one dressed in a different color :p

It always irked me in that movie the well researched and detailed the british uniforms were, and in turn the Spanish officers looked like Skittles, each one dressed in a different color :p
I'm not going to create a bunch of new Spanish outfits. Any Spanish naval characters in this little exercise will use the standard outfits already in the game, which may not be accurate to the film but which will at least mean that their uniforms are, well, uniform. :D

An interesting look for the Empress with plain white sails instead of her special junk sails. Now they look just like regular, if somewhat flat, lug sails
junk.jpg

The jumk sails also look interesting on some lateen and other fore-and-aft rigged ships. I wouldn't mind having a non-tattered version of the junk sails and maybe a couple of different colours for them, just for fun.
junk.jpg Sin título.jpg

Non-tattered sail texture: attached.

Different colours: get TX Convertor if you don't already have it. Convert that file to plain .tga format so you can read it into Photoshop, GIMP or whichever other picture-editing program you use. Change the colour to suit yourself, then use TX Convertor to change the new file to .tga.tx format which the game can read.

I don't know how to persuade the game to include these textures as options for sails, though.

Attachments

• sail_Empres2.tga.tx.zip
    138.9 KB · Views: 59
I have no idea where to look for collision detection.
You can't look for it, because it's invisible. You can only notice its effects.
Either way, that is the reason.

Sometimes, if the main hull GM is edited with TOOL, the collision detection is erased.
This can be noticed by a broken bow wave and, on some computers, a beeping sound when the GM file is loaded into the scene.

Visiting Isla da Muerta, are you? :cheeky
With winter not far away, I was thinking of buying a timeshare. xD

It hit me to play a "what if" game: what if Edward Teach should obtain the compass, take the cursed treasure of Cortes, get the Trident, as well as Triton's sword? [Never mind the awkward killing himself to steal his own sword, but we know how weird the Caribbean can be.]

It's time to hunt. :dance
XBpMhyU.png

It hit me to play a "what if" game: what if Edward Teach should obtain the compass, take the cursed treasure of Cortes, get the Trident, as well as Triton's sword? [Never mind the awkward killing himself to steal his own sword, but we know how weird the Caribbean can be.
:rofl
Why not, eh?

Doesn't Blackbeard start already with his sword?
I thought we added some code so he didn't have to steal it from himself.
But I can't quite remember now...

Back