• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

screenshots thread

I've been wondering how possible it is to get the original PotC game running on the Storm 2.8 engine.
If we could manage that, we'd know exactly what differences there are between both engines and then see about moving stuff from the one to the other.

Now THAT I would like to see! A fully functional stock game on the newer engine would be a significant first step to getting the rest of the Build Mod ported.
We can dream, eh? :dance

For sure. At best, I fear animation ad texture mismatches. Perhaps some errors due to missing new type files that aren't in PotC.
I may be able to try it, but I don't think I should until after Build 14 is complete. Or near-complete.
We ARE getting there, so perhaps we'll actually be able to give this a short some time soonish.

Maybe I could give it a try while you're still working on Pirate_KK's code? That is, if you don't need my model/locator support for a while.*
I'd be happy to at least start substituting models and textures, and trying to make sense of the main differences with the code files.
Perhaps I could look into animations as well, which presumably only affects character models. Damski made a tutorial for exporting characters, didn't he?

*Is there anything besides the San Felipe fort locators that still needs doing?

Unfortunately the CoAS port would have to be started by making the code work.
What I'd imagine is to drop CoAS' MODULES folder and Start.exe in the PotC folder and see what happens.
Then WinMerge the PotC and CoAS PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders to figure out how to get them more compatible.

Ah, I assumed you meant taking PotC's files and substituting them into the CoAS folders, not vice versa.
Still, who says I couldn't start that off for you? Chances are I could identify any major issues to begin with, to save you some work later on. :shrug

MK, when's the upgrade going to be ready??? im still wait'n and would love to see the new stuff, like armor, trinkets and such.
:wp:whipa:shrug

Still, who says I couldn't start that off for you? Chances are I could identify any major issues to begin with, to save you some work later on. :shrug
You can try for sure. Error logs and WinMerge are your friend.

MK, when's the upgrade going to be ready??? im still wait'n and would love to see the new stuff, like armor, trinkets and such.
:wp:whipa:shrug
It is done when it's done. Things take LONG when you have to do them alone.

looks like im paying a visit to best buy geek squad again for them to add in the mods, cuz unless someone does a youtube video on how to add mods like this.....im totally clueless. i have basic Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific Gold Edition that i would love to have the new mods for but no vids found to show me how to do it even what or what not to download.
like this mod.
:wp:facepalm:bow:treasure:

Last edited:
i finally found the elusive Newton Telescope, why is it you never can get it till past like rank 30???? and since finding it ive found 2 others in 4 boarding actions......
:shrug:rumgone
start 2013-08-28 22-23-34-77.jpg

ok 2 questions, WTH, when i get treasure map missions, most all ive gone on arent worth it, cept for the rat god i found, but seriously 112 bags of salt, or 98 fireplace pokers??? and my 2nd question is what is the purpose of this empty room in almost every town???? you cant find anything in it what good is it anyway?
start 2013-08-29 20-50-29-76.jpg
start 2013-08-29 19-32-12-08.jpg

I like that second shot; two nice Dutch ships there! Nice different sterns too. :cheers

I was just wondering if it would be possible to put foam into the water like POTC has. That water looks great but it's a bit glassy. The foam texture in POTC is always there but is not noticeable in calm seas, but really makes storm waves look awesome. I do believe it would really help out ERAS.

The PotC coastline foam and the foam on the waves at sea are not related.

What does a storm in CoAS look like? Does that have foam? If so, it would give us a clue on where to look.

Yes in total calm the water is glassy but in moderate and in heavy seas there is foam. I don't have any stormy screenies to show but current POTC storms look better than GOF2 storms. It would be a worthwhile addition if it could be done.

Back