• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sea Dogs Hosehead's Mods

I did a quick test with Hoseheads Mod just after Sea Dogs was released on GOG, I didn't go very in depth, but everything installed just fine and new content was in the game. :onya

I'm stunned! A forum about Sea Dogs? There was a couple of Sea Dogs forums years ago. Those forums are gone. I still play Sea dogs a lot & I helped to mod part of Hosehead's mod. I am modding again now. I tried to use the Hosehead's mod v1.11 and modded it some more, new mods. Problems with that but I am using parts of the Hosehead mod & having fun with that. I FINALLY put a female in a bar in Costa Sinistra. Made a new business in Costa Sinistra, "The Madrid Club" and another new business in Highrock. I'm not done with either of those yet and so far I'm the only one. I tried that with my geek computer game son but it seems to be daunting for him, darn! If anyone wants to help with this I can give you the files I have made.

Ahoy @Renodude, welcome aboard mate!

I was a member of the original Sea Dogs forum run by Bethesda, and I also hung around Ellaybe and Hoseahead's Mercantile a bit, though I wasn't very active there. I did meet some great friends on those boards, some still stop by here occasionally. We are not a dedicated Sea Dogs forum, but we are dedicated to pirate games, modding them, and gaming in general. If you have not seen it yet, I suggest you take a look at my "Decade of Modding and Mayhem" post from a couple of years ago, it will give you a pretty good idea of who we are and where we come from. You can find that post HERE!

Glad to see you are having some success tweaking the Mod! You have your work cut out for you modding Sea Dogs now though, there are very few, if any, of Hoseheads original group that hang around here any more. Sadly, most have moved on to other games or real life stuff. Feel free to stick around and ask questions, some of us may be able to help occasionally. Good luck mate!

I never did get round to playing Sea Dogs as I joined the series with what would have been Sea Dogs 2 but became PotC.
We're still going strong on that one 12 years later.

I have heard many good things about Sea Dogs plus mod though and would be quote curious to know how that compares to the work we've been doing these past years.

Here are a few jpg's off of my Sea Dog's mod. Certainly (I think) the best one, the 6th picture, a new buiness. "Benny's Mini-Town" on Highrock. A motel/Tavern/Restaurant & store.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 2,292
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 693
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 727
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 776
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 683
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:
Not yet. I'm using parts of the BIG mod (Hosehead's mod) and it's not done yet. Eventually I do think so. So far though the only modder that is helping is me. Me, myself & I. Yes, just the 3 of us, ha, ha. If any modders want to help then let me know & I will be glad to send the files to you via torrent. As long as it's just me however, it might be awhile.

Back