• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Sea Dogs problems

eightbitfalcon

Landlubber
Hell Yeah it's 2015 and I've started playing this gem again. Thanks GOG!

But the game often lags as hell :( Any ideas on how to fix this? 800*600 seems to fix it.. But yeah.. How about no?

Also. If anyone has aaaaaany idea where to get a copy of the Hosehead mod for Sea Dogs, thanks!

Thanks for any answers :)

What is your hardware and operating system mate?

Unforutunately, it appears Hosehead's Mercantile is offline, that was the official place to get it. I know it was working earlier this year. I'll see if find my copy and upload it to the download section here.

Hi,

Sorry I just saw your response in my inbox just now. I have a Lenovo S510P notebook. The game is old, so I thought it should run on my modern laptop haha.

Basic specs: 8GB RAM, Intel i5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.30GHz, Win 8.1, Intel Onboard Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (not sure which type).

Thanks for any help :)

Yeah @eightbitfalcon mate, I think you will find that your problem is related to your Intel graphics chipset. Intel hates Storm engine games, and Sea dogs is the earliest form of the Storm game engine. There is a fix for POTC and New Horizons, though it is not perfect. I don't think it will work for Sea Dogs, unfortunately.

I am going to have to tear apart my old computer to get access to all my old files, in the meantime though, I had forgotten that last year @Nightmare posted a Mediafrire link for Hosehead's mod. You can find it in this thread HERE!

Swiftshader may indeed help, but that will definitely cause a performance hit. :shrug

Swiftshader may indeed help, but that will definitely cause a performance hit. :shrug
Oh, for sure! But if it is a choice between "game not working" and "game working with questionable performance", the second option at least does more than the first.
That's why we have had SwiftShader as our "Intel Fix" for so long on PotC.
And while on that game we have an alternate solution now, for AoP and CoAS SwiftShader is still the only solution.

Back