• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sea Dogs: To Each His Own

I can not find the guy (privateer) in Antigua
His house is to the left from pier.
Some requirements to play for England:
- Your level is not higher than 15.
- The reputation (honour) of Charles de Maure is neutral or positive.
- Skill of navigation is 30 or higher.

the other guy in Barbados (Bridgetown).
You should talk to tavern keeper.
Some requirements to play for secret organization:
- The reputation (honour) of Charles de Maure is negative.
- All weapon skills are 25 or higher.

His house is to the left from pier.
Some requirements to play for England:
- The reputation (honour) of Charles de Maure is neutral or positive.
- Skill of navigation is 30 or higher.

You should talk to tavern keeper.
Some requirements to play for secret organization:
- The reputation (honour) of Charles de Maure is negative.
- All weapon skills are 25 or higher.

You mean Charlie Knippel? My navigation is like 33 and my reputation is Unknown Good Captain or so.

Yes. Talk to him about the work for the benefit of England.
My character only says, "I was about to leave" (like that) to Charlie and there's nothing :(

I checked my profile

Level 12, Unknown Honest Captain, Navigation 32.

And I was in Bridgetown as well and couldn't ask the Tavern owner for a job. I said "I'm here for business" and then he asked what, where you can select what's going on on the archipelago and the one below. But my character said like "Nevermind". Also I don't have any option from Charlie Knippel. Just Hi and Bye....

This is annoying :( No advice or clue in the game :(((

Oh! Maybe you are trying to make another quest line of Gambit after completion of quest line for the Dutch WIC. Only one quest line of Gambit is available in one game.

If you want to make another quest line, you should get back to dialog with brother and start Gambit again in another way.

Oh! Maybe you are trying to make another quest line of Gambit after completion of quest line for the Dutch WIC. Only one quest line of Gambit is available in one game.

If you want to make another quest line, you should get back to dialog with brother and start Gambit again in another way.

So I have finished the Dutch Gambit quest. Now I have to go back to my brother?

After completion of the Dutch Gambit you have to go back to brother with one million pesos in pocket to pay his debt.

Hi all. Got a little question for ya. I've seen this game on steam a couple day ago, and im a big fan of Age Of Pirates 2 City Of Abandoned Ships (played alot! lol). But what i saw from it on steam is kinda .... familliar. I know the diff between this game and Age Of Pirates 2, but .... Does it really worth to buy it or a modded version of Age Of Pirates 2 City Of Abandoned Ships is better? want to buy it, but just need an answer unbiased from fan out there before doin the move! :)

Hi all. Got a little question for ya. I've seen this game on steam a couple day ago, and im a big fan of Age Of Pirates 2 City Of Abandoned Ships (played alot! lol). But what i saw from it on steam is kinda .... familliar. I know the diff between this game and Age Of Pirates 2, but .... Does it really worth to buy it or a modded version of Age Of Pirates 2 City Of Abandoned Ships is better? want to buy it, but just need an answer unbiased from fan out there before doin the move! :)
I'm actually enjoying it, the start off quest is difficult (is like peter blood in CoAS) you cant just go out and free roam sailing. you got to build up $$ to buy a ship, crew and navigator. the(NPC's) are pretty cool the uniforms are better, the weapons are better, the merchant trinkets, ships and other items are better than CoAS. but its very hard even on normal settings. the world map is spaced out more than it was in CoAS, also when sailing you can pick up debris floating around, one time i picked up something that was close to 20,000$. needs some Mod work done on a few things, other than that its a pretty cool game, ive waited 7 yrs for it.

engine 2016-02-23 20-26-39-08.jpg
well I did start to enjoy it!! double boarding?? seriously? I lost my whole crew and have to deal with this? I'm already loosing $ just trying to keep my ship fixed and supplied. but keep running into heavenly armed pirates. any tricks on how to deal with this?
I have a Barque with a crew of 57, @ level 5 for my character, and my navigator just wanted to abandon me.
Food I can deal with but the rum is 3500$ for 10 days.
I'm just getting clobbered every where I go.....................:(:mad:o_O:no:modding

really? in CoAS you didn't have to have the "minimum" sailors, I finally got a boarder, and was able to take a ship so I could hopefully sale, but, was low on men. this getting to be a pain the a$$. can hardly level up, pirates and Spanish keep constantly attacking and killing me with 4+ ships. not really becoming a fun game. just reached 100,000$ but have to use most of it to keep my crew, and ship up to speeds. the cargo I get when I do take a ship and get back to port aint worth much and tasks are almost impossible to complete, like the gov. mission to san juan for the package from the priest.
engine 2016-02-24 00-39-44-85.jpg

I hate this. Cause i still can't see my feet on widescreen view. On standart view it feels better.

Smells like a mod needed for us widescreen folks

Edit: found this in the camera.ini
located in RESOURCE\INI\camera.ini

; FOV PARAMETERS
fov_max = 1.285
fov_min = 0.4
fov_step = 0.05
fov_back_mul = 5.0

edit around with these.

Last edited:
My advice to anyone trying to make money is to trade. it's tedious and not so fast. You also can't gather 1 million in 3 months as the game suggest with trading (although that "3 months" limit doesn't matter. you can bring 1 million after 2 years and it will be OK. with trading i made 1 million net in 4 months). But at the end, it makes me able to have 2 million pesos monthly in passive interest from banks, to fund me doing anything i like, thanks to my old fleet of east-indies and navios. Currently in a fleet of 2 heavy frigates and 2 frigates. (300k monthly expenses)

Also, BE CAREFUL NOT TO LOSE THE KEY TO DRUGSTORE!!!! IT'S AN IMPORTANT QUEST ITEM THAT CAN BE GONE FROM YOUR INVENTORY.

Back