• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sea of Thieves Announced for PC and Xbox One

Roc Braziliano

Landlubber

holly molly...

Attachments

• Sea_of_thieves.png
    Sea_of_thieves.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 50
That looks surprisingly good. Cartooney and obviously not realistic. But might be fun.
I'm afraid I detected AC style speed boats again though.

Looks nice and I like the cartoon graphics.. but as you said Pieter if there is those black flag fast ships then we may need a x2 and x4 slow down to catch up with on going events :p
Any idea on release date?

This does look good. I like the cartoon art style, and it looks like AC4 players who wanted ship-based multiplayer are finally getting their wish granted.

That looks surprisingly good. Cartooney and obviously not realistic. But might be fun.
I'm afraid I detected AC style speed boats again though.
Ah, but that's the point: because of the art style and lack of "historical accuracy" claims, they can get away with hilariously fast ships.
I think this is the right kind of game for arcade-style gameplay, because it isn't taking itself seriously, unlike AC4.

Ah, but that's the point: because of the art style and lack of "historical accuracy" claims, they can get away with hilariously fast ships.
I think this is the right kind of game for arcade-style gameplay, because it isn't taking itself seriously, unlike AC4.
Agreed. :yes

Nice find mate, moved to the front page where it belongs! :onya

It does look interesting, unfortunately it is an Xbox exclusive, so I will never get to play it as I don't own an Xbox and won't be buying one.

I thought it also says Windows 10? I signed up for a free copy, I assume at least 2 billion others did too :p

Windows 10 will also be on the Xbox. Microsoft has done an absolutely brilliant job of confusing everything Windows 10 related. Xbox Exclusive means just that though, it will not available on PC.

Damn, my brother offered to get me a new xbox as a gift when he came for a visit and I told him I got a Ps4 so no need :modding

Yes! For those unaware, this is basically the resurrection of an old Rareware project titled Project Dream, which was scrapped and eventually evolved into the game we now know as Banjo-Kazooie, which came out in 1998. They're a very creative team, and while this won't be historically accurate or even realistic, I have no doubt it will be enjoyable.

Might almost be tempted to buy an xbox again, just to play that, then resell it like I did for RDR :cheeky

For the record, we still need a PC port of that too :p

I had a friend swear up and down that those speeds were realistic. I just gave up and let him believe it after a while.
Really? Not sure how many knots those ships went, but it looked like 50 which really is completely way out there.

I've updated the thread title to reflect the platforms it will come to.

I think Microsoft's wording was "console exclusive", meaning the only console you can get it on is Xbox One... but PC isn't a console, so it's not left out. Confusing, I know; several of their games followed that same trend.

Here's one article that confirms the PC version (despite the URL) and offers more details on the game:
http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/201...ling-sea-of-thieves-exclusively-for-xbox-one/

That's good to know, thanks mate!

Back