• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Sea / Sea Edits COAS

Ellaface

Landlubber
As the title pretty much says ive been playing around with the sea files quite a bit lately , i figured out these lines so far :

Weathers[n].Sea2.Amp1 - wave amplitude , aka height
Weathers[n].Sea2.AnimSpeed1 - speed at which the waves move, works better lower if you set the waves larger.
Weathers[n].Sea2.FoamV - i think , think , this is the distance for the foam pushed from the ship as it moves.

I dont know if anyone else has played around with the sea or weather files yet , tried searches on it a few times but im hoping theres a guru lurking who could help me with increasing the size of the effect that comes when the bow contacts a wave , similar to that in a storm , but not that extreme. ive tried changing the following , in quite sizable chunks (talking 10x higher) but cant see a difference in any way:

Weathers[n].Sea2.FoamV
Weathers[n].Sea2.FoamUV
Weathers[n].Sea2.FoamTexDisturb

The weather files are located in AOP/Program/Weather/init.

If anyone could shed a little wisdom id be grateful :)

No one has been able to get the waves working properly in COAS AFAIK. They can make the waves larger and smaller, but not much more.

I personally do not like the way the ship lurches around in a mechanical manner but have failed in my attempts to fix it. Best of luck!

the only way ive found to get rid of the mechanical manner lurch you speak of is to slow the wave speed down which is this line in the weather files:
Weathers[n].Sea2.AnimSpeed1

that way its giving the ship more a substantially bigger time lapse before it needs to "adjust" its position on the sea, im gonna check out the storm weather, i think from looking at it it has 2 sea variables like one for small waves one for large each with independent speed settings , im totally new to this , i probably couldve picked an easier venture >.<

I just thought id kinda document my findings whilst experimenting so if anybody wants to try it or searches how to theres a little info :3

Thanks though Hylie <3

After a while of playing ive managed to mimic the storm sea wave pattern & pace, I have about 2 weather files left to edit and will be putting them up later if all goes well :)

Ill probably play with the sea colour at a later date too but as it stands its like the below image :3

Untitled1_zpsoz714skp.jpg

Ellaface can not upload anything yet so sent this stormy sea mod, and I installed it. I have not seen a storm yet but it might be that this mod changes the normal sea as well. Here are before and after screenies.
start 2015-02-12 11-29-22-17.jpg start 2015-06-03 12-52-37-98.jpg

I sailed a long way in map mode and then sailed into port in direct sail mode. It is probably ok as when I left port all was normal.

I then ran into a minor problem after sailing in map mode and then getting intercepted by pirates.
start 2015-06-03 13-14-17-60.jpg

whoooah , that shouldnt happen o.o hrm im gonna video it an show you what it should be like, do you use GOF or anthing else that may edit weather? im wondering if my c files have some extra / different lines

I should have asked about that. You are using stock COAS? I put this into GOF2.5.

aaah im using GOF 2.0 , although i do have that ridiculously god awful wave thing in one of my weathers , which is good sign cos it means a made a boo somewhere in code xD also the sea doesnt rough up either in port / close to land , ill amend that tomorrow, if you could map sail out for me , then enter direct sail and use the [ & ] keys to change your weather on the go , you should be able to figure if the rest of them are working. :D

Fiiinally got it i think , all weathers covered , fixed that stupid one that you found ~.~ it was missing a single decimal 0 >.>

If you try this PLEASE back up your weathers found in Program/weathers/init.

Attachments

• COAS GOF Rougher Sea v1.1.rar
    17.9 KB · Views: 220
Back