• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SEA TEXTURE

R

ramptor

how do i get the sea texture from age of pirates 1 to apply in CoAS? i tell you the sea in carribean tales are much more realistic.i tried editing the init files in weather folders, but no luck

aop2.jpg

aopi.jpg

as you can see, the watermarks are also much visible in AoP

I once tried taking the AoP files from RESOURCE\Textures\WEATHER\SEA and put them into PotC, but it seemed to have no effect.
However, you can try it for AoP to CoAS and see what happens.

I definitly agree the sea in CoAS doesn't look like the real Caribbean (or any other) sea whatsoever.

On the whole, I like the look of the PotC sea best:
battle.JPG

It's not perfect or realistic, but in a stylized, cartoony way, it looks very pleasing to my eye.

Could this resolve the ''wave'' problem in the front of the ship in Aop 2?
Because if it could, you would have a win-win situation.

regards,
Jhonny

i manage to lessen the wavy jelly sea in CoAS by editing the files and i think it works, AoP to CoAs, now all i have to do is change the skies directories, but ive lost my watermarks somehow :woot i love those watermarks in AoP :<

28682128.jpg

73471308.jpg

81417004.jpg

87030619.jpg

47040585.jpg

88732405.jpg

i should say this game has its potential,i dunno why the reviews are low i still not giving up editing this game's files for about a week now XD for the better gaming for myself

kindly sir, can i have the files in weather in PoTC, i dont have PoTC , i would like to try it in CoAS

That definitly looks like it's got potential. Nice job, mate!
Maybe it's possible to get the CoAS sea NICE-looking after all!

See attached for the PotC RESOURCE\Textures\WEATHER\SEA folder.
Is that all you need or do you want something else?

That definitly looks like it's got potential. Nice job, mate!
Maybe it's possible to get the CoAS sea NICE-looking after all!

See attached for the PotC RESOURCE\Textures\WEATHER\SEA folder.
Is that all you need or do you want something else?

this is all for today sir! :bow oh wait i dont have password for the akella moding tools :< do you have one? thank you for this haha time for experimentation :b:

do PoTC have weather> init files? i think i need those,if they have one

ramptor, you're showing up as guest. If you login properly, I can send you a PM with the password.

Find attached the PotC PROGRAM\Weather folder.

yes, im still working on this :D but i still cant get the AOP sea effect, but i manage to tweak the watermarks :p now its problem solved on my other post

Try tweaking the values in program/ weather files. I believe that textures of CT and CoAS are the same, but values for sea color, reflections, transparency and 'bumpiness' are not.

Its not just about sky reflections you must gues right combination of sky colors,sea colors,sea transparency,sea fog and much more to get right sky/sea colors or effect i manage to get right for 12h of 24h in weather system for my mod(which one im continuing to work) :will

yes, im still working on this :D but i still cant get the AOP sea effect, but i manage to tweak the watermarks :p now its problem solved on my other post

You have seen this mod right?

Vanilla Weather Mod

In that the waves have been drastically reduced, the sea textures are darker and there is no fog at all. I made it so the sea is calm for most of the day and increasingly gets rougher through the evening till midnight and then through the early hours the sea starts to increasingly become more calmer. There are no waves that you can hide behind as was the case in stock weather value's, this took me about 4 day's to fine tune and i think its done well. Its improved the weather side of the game drastically, oh and one more change i made was the wind. COAs stock wind was constant, you could have 1 knot or 20 knots what ever, now the win can stop and you are left with no wind to push you along. Its only capatable with vanilla in less no modifications have been made to any of the weather files. The weather mod includes all files for the weather so you can simply remove your folder out of the game and move that one straight in. Doesn't require a new game either. :dance

You have seen this mod right?

Vanilla Weather Mod

In that the waves have been drastically reduced, the sea textures are darker and there is no fog at all. I made it so the sea is calm for most of the day and increasingly gets rougher through the evening till midnight and then through the early hours the sea starts to increasingly become more calmer. There are no waves that you can hide behind as was the case in stock weather value's, this took me about 4 day's to fine tune and i think its done well. Its improved the weather side of the game drastically, oh and one more change i made was the wind. COAs stock wind was constant, you could have 1 knot or 20 knots what ever, now the win can stop and you are left with no wind to push you along. Its only capatable with vanilla in less no modifications have been made to any of the weather files. The weather mod includes all files for the weather so you can simply remove your folder out of the game and move that one straight in. Doesn't require a new game either. :dance

removed fog......how now looks islands...in air :facepalm i had that problem and didnt ike it also what kind of sea is that without any fog i have fog in my mod but only to cover empty place betwen island/sea it took some time to get right height and colors but i manage to do well :onya

It looks fine to me but then i never did like the fog, could you upload your weather mod. Then i'll see i can get a better idea of what you mean. :onya

my last post here was 2010....=) about weather a few tweaks more and it will be uploaded to my main post im adding new textures so i need do right mergeing with gof files so we dont have errors etc

Lol, I know that feeling. A few day's can become so easily a few weeks or months for me when takig breaks from things, it all depends on what i'm doing and if i'm having fun with what ever it i'm doing whilest on the break. Like right now i'm working on a map for FS2011 (one i have been working on for almost a year now).

Good to see you back though bud, and look forward to seeing your textures. Only been waiting for 2 years.:eek::rolleyes:

Back