• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Secrets of Far Seas 2

Here it is!
The first build of SOFS2 in English has been released!
BGTeam and a video gaming website BestGamer.ru present you City of Abandoned Ships: Secrets of Far Seas 2 ver. 0.1.0219.

«What is it you want most?»

Here we go! The first build of SOFS2 comes here! It took us much time and it wasn’t easy to develop this build. Many nerves were lost in fighting bugs and errors of all kinds. Our very ‘favourite’ Storm 2.x engine gave us many troubles. We hope we’ve managed. Plenty of work was done. Though this SOFS2 version is only some kind of a sketch as it’s only the first build, you will find many interesting things there anyway.

The English translation in this build is kind of a demonstration. First time it gives a real opportunity to get acquianted with SOFS. The translation in this build isn't full and isn't perfect. It's been done by BGTeam in our free of SOFS2 main works and other life duties time. Actually only the storyline and some features were translated. Sadly, we didn't have time or power to translate those huge side quests. And as it's already been said - it's a kind of a demo. We hope the foreign players will get more about SOFS2 from this release and will support the project of translation of further builds into English. This project will only have sense if it will be supported here, in the English world. BGTeam will have neither time nor opportunities to translate build in future because we have to develop the game itself. So - we are really looking forward for the communuity's support after trying this demo.

How to install:

- To start Secrets of Far Seas 2 you need any installed version of Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships on your PC.
- Download and install the Russian build 0.1.0219 (195 MB)
- Choose the direction folder and start the installation.
- Download and install the English translation 0.1.0219 (5.8 MB) Note: it's recommended to delete your old PROGRAM folder before installing the translation.
- Now everything's done. Now go to the root folder, start config.exe, choose and save your settings. Then start engine.exe and here we go - you're in.

Description:

Welcome to the world of SOFS series!
You are to find out an unforgettable atmosphere of adventures at sea and meet your old mates from SOFS. A sequel to that very familiar story waits for you. Despite that, the new game will be the same interesting for the new players, because the story of the sequel is a very independent one. Your protagonist will be a Spaniard of an English origin - name's Peter Blake. A few years had gone since the ending of the first game. Many things had changed since then. Blake lost everything: his ship, his reputation and his beloved. What happened with Peter? Is he strong enough to take everything back? New secrets and mysteries, new dangerous enemies, new staunch friends and old companions.

Features and addings:

Build ver. 0.1.0219

* New unique 3D main menu.
* New year of the beginning of the game (1680).
* New and the only main character - Peter Blake.
* Old mates and new enemies in the game. Lots of different characters. Bloody thugs and mysterious assassins, staunch friends and old companions.
* An exciting beginning of the story. Ver. 0.1.0219 includes current quests: «Different Life», «Santo Domingo» и «From the Private Capital».
* New side quest «Mr. & Mrs. Smith». Complete a banal murder contract forgetting conscience or try looking into the reasons of a conflict?..
* New side quest «The Unknown Taino. Public Enemies». The Indian civilizations left a serious legacy in this part of the world. But they say - the legacy is closer than most of people think. Must be rumours.
* A number of 'mini-quests'. Argue with a pirate when the price of an argument - your own life? Shoot a running man? There is unrest in the New World, just like always.
* Plenty of new 'smart' NPC's. Unique stories and gorgeous dialogues. The game's world is even more 'alive' now.
* All the quests from the original have been removed (generators are still in).
* New icons of 'quick reloads'.
* New system of punishments for thievery. It's more detailed and interesting than in CoAS now.
* Putting items on the hero interface. You need to put on your items in order that they will give pluses to your character.
* Orders for your purser! Have no time to do some 'daily routine'? Too boring? Not a problem anymore, now your purser will REALLY HELP you. New perks and opportunities (hiring a crew, repairing a vessel, buying goods).
* Diseases.
* Doctors. You can find them in cathedrals.
* Careening of a vessel.
* Powder room.
* Rats have been disabled.
* New unique weapons.
* Immunizing elixirs raising main character's skills temporarily.
* New music.
* Revision of some game settings.
* Less and larger fixes of game's cod.

Developers:

· Denis (Kopcap) Khaliullin – the project leader, programming, writing.
· Anton (Navarra) Omelchenko – programming, 3D-modelling.
· Vladimir (LORD) Khrulev – programming.
· Dmitry (SeadogX) Pshenichny – writing, video.
· Anton (RaptorioRio) Nikitin – writing, dialogues, 'smart' NPC's.
· Dmitry (Mr. Sandman) Schanin – writing.
· Alexander (Sir@m) Berezovsky – textures, 2D-graphics.

Beta testing: RaptorioRio, SeadogX, dima12, Юнга.

Special thanks: dima12, Swordist, КиллерМЕН.
Project support: Кэп, oleg_b, Sokol80.

ENGLISH VERSION: Translated into English by SeadogX. Build made by Kopcap and LORD.

Different resourcers from these games have been used in the project: AoP, POTC, Build, SLIB, CoAS, SOFS.

http://tdm.bestgamer.ru – the official website of SOFS.

After the installation you need to start a new game!

The following mod is the intellectual property.
It is in open testing and it is in free distribution.
If using any content from SoFS2 it is obligatory to cite on BGTeam and SoFS official website.
All the bugs and problems you have found you can discuss in the respective topic of forums. Also you can discuss the current version of the mod in the respective topic.

BGTeam thanks you for your patience and understanding and wishes you nice game!

So is there any way to use this with the Combined mod? Maybe you guys should team up with this mod?
Sorry, I don't know what the Combined mod is. It's recommended to install SOFS2 on pure COAS. Team up? I guess - no chance. We don't team up even with other Russian teams. The point is that different teams have different views on how the perfect mod should look like.

Wrong script version.png

SeadogX,

I get the following error message. Hopefully I installed everything correctly.
mybad.gif

Were the two installation packages tested using a US version?
unsure.gif

Regards,

Fred Bob the Pirate

Were the two installation packages tested using a US version?
unsure.gif
They were. We'll see what can be done. And after what step exactly does it appear?
This may be Fred Bob's doing. I am using the Generic Mod Enabler, since I run other mods. The error appeared upon game start up after the Storm engine screen. I am running it on Windows 7, so that might be an issue also.

i'm using GME too and it works...so i think its not the issue. but i use german version with win 7 64 bit

but i have another error:
i reach the town hall in santo domingo (after first visit in La Vega) and defeat the soldiers in there. then i move to the bedroom and if i'm talking to this guy (Крис Артего) he didn't say something (no text in the messagebox)...if i use my mousewheel the game crashes to windows (ther is no other way that i found to get out of this situation)

but what i seeing looks very good...i like the style the story goes on :onya

Well, I got up to after the seige of the french in the bedroom in the govoners house and it freezes everytime. He has nothing to say then the engine stops.

@ SeadogX

Thank for a great mod i have download and run the rus. ver. of SOFS2 for 2 week now with no problem. I did not get very far into the game i was play testing after ever file i add eng. text to. I want to be sure the game still run.

1- Is there a no cd patch in the game exe.? :shrug
I ask because i can start the game without the cd.

I was wondering maybe in the next patch the peter blood part can be added back into the game. Just like in potc build 14 when you select a character to start a game you get to play that character quest. Just a thought.

Where can i find the build AOP1. If the build is anything like sofs 2 want to download it. Good job on the build now the game is more fun to play not so boring. :dance

Thank.

This may be Fred Bob's doing. I am using the Generic Mod Enabler, since I run other mods. The error appeared upon game start up after the Storm engine screen. I am running it on Windows 7, so that might be an issue also.
Sorry, no guarantees of working with any other mods.

he didn't say something (no text in the messagebox)...if i use my mousewheel the game crashes to windows
We'll check and try to fix it. Look for the patch today later!

There is.

I was wondering maybe in the next patch the peter blood part can be added back into the game. Just like in potc build 14 when you select a character to start a game you get to play that character quest. Just a thought.
No, it's not for SOFS2. We have our own original story.

Where can i find the build AOP1. If the build is anything like sofs 2 want to download it.
Ehm, do you mean SOFS1 or what? It can be downloaded here: http://forum.bestgamer.ru/showthread.php?t=8112

* All the quests from the original have been removed.

As much as I appreciate your work, why exactly would you do that? I've found the original quests with very fun, detailed, and engaging. I understand that you want to tell your own story with the mod, but COAS doesn't actually have one of its own at all (except perhaps the brief Peter Blood introduction), it's basically composed of nothing but side quests. Why not keep them?

@ SeadogX

Thank for a great mod i have download and run the rus. ver. of SOFS2 for 2 week now with no problem. I did not get very far into the game i was play testing after ever file i add eng. text to. I want to be sure the game still run.

Where can i find the build AOP1. If the build is anything like sofs 2 want to download it. Good job on the build now the game is more fun to play not so boring. :dance

Thank.

Update:

Spoke to soon after installing the eng. patch.

1. Can not move on when talking to the gov. no text appear and can not move.
Talking to the maid is ok

2. Now can not get game to start crash to desktop after ever loading.

Got game to work i reinstall the game clean and install the russ.ver. of sofs2.

Don't try to fix something when nothing need fixing all you get is problem. :shock

Yep that the one SOFS1. It said in the build the capture of the colony is out.Can i build one on a unuse island.

Thank :cheers

if you start you'll see that thereis sth implented like the Peter Blood intro (but i think it's much better)

couldn't test if quests like the lost city is still in there because of the error i posted above...but in the files this quest and the others is still in there(think the blood start is in there,too. you only cant choose the right character...but don't know...maybe you would create some issues)

Sorry, no guarantees of working with any other mods.
No, I am not mixing mods. The Generic Mod Enabler allows you to install more than one mod, but only allows one mod to run at a time. I have since got the game to launch, but it looks just like CoAS, so I think the Generic Mod Enabler is perhaps not copying all the files over correctly. Maybe a Win7 rights issue. I will probably have to apply the mod directly to CoAS instead. Stand by. Can't wait to try it.

sailr.gif

As much as I appreciate your work, why exactly would you do that? I've found the original quests with very fun, detailed, and engaging. I understand that you want to tell your own story with the mod, but COAS doesn't actually have one of its own at all (except perhaps the brief Peter Blood introduction), it's basically composed of nothing but side quests. Why not keep them?
Because it's SOFS2, a different world and a different game. We have our own side quests which are not actually worse. There are two rather large side quests and plenty of mini-quests in this build (sorry, but not in English yet). There are many reasons of such a decision. And there is even a technical one - the engine is very overloaded in the original, including the side quests. We had to solve this problem.

couldn't test if quests like the lost city is still in there because of the error i posted above...but in the files this quest and the others is still in there(think the blood start is in there,too. you only cant choose the right character...but don't know...maybe you would create some issues)
There's no Peter Blood character or quest.
Not EVERYTHING was removed yet if we talk about files and some things can still work but it is only because of build 0.1. Will be removed in newer versions.

Now to the problem with the governor's dialogue. Kopcap can't find a decision yet, there's nothing wrong visually. So we ask you to give compile.log and error.log files, they can be found in the root folder. Note: they are filled after the engine's operations, so you have to play this moment; they are empty again when you enter new game session, so start the game, play this moment and then copy files and publish them here. Thank you!

compile.log:
Code:
Init encounters complete.
How islands = 26
Init weathers complete. 34 weathers found.
How islands = 26
Antigua locations 21
Barbados locations 48
Curacao locations 69
LostShipsIsland locations 86
Guadeloupe locations 108
Jamaica locations 138
Caracas locations 152
Pearl locations 168
Bermudes locations 182
Cartahena locations 198
Maracaibo locations 217
Tenotchitlan locations 242
LaVega locations 249
SantoDomingo locations 272
PortPax locations 285
Santiago locations 309
PuertoPrincipe locations 316
Havana locations 338
Martinique locations 366
Panama locations 389
PortoBello locations 408
Beliz locations 444
Nevis locations 467
PuertoRico locations 488
Cumana locations 507
SantaCatalina locations 532
Trinidad locations 551
SentMartin locations 574
Tortuga locations 596
Dominica locations 601
Terks locations 606
Caiman locations 611
Common locations 638
Number of locations: 740
Çàïîëíåíèå òðóïîâ ñ ïðåäìåòà 160
Antigua: 12
Barbados: 22
Jamaica: 37
Curacao: 46
Guadeloupe: 55
Santiago: 64
PuertoPrincipe: 68
Martinique: 82
Havana: 91
Nevis: 101
PuertoRico: 110
SentMartin: 120
Bermudes: 125
Trinidad: 134
PortPax: 143
SantoDomingo: 153
LaVega: 157
Tortuga: 167
Panama: 175
PortoBello: 184
Cartahena: 193
Caracas: 202
Cumana: 211
SantaCatalina: 220
Beliz: 229
Maracaibo: 238
Story: 266
Quest: 299
ÂÑÅÃÎ ÍÏÑ Â ÈÃÐÅ (ñòàòèêîâ) = 299
Version = ver.0.1.0219 English edition  DEV
ship have not HP.
ship have not HP.
ship have not HP.
ship have not HP.
Mistake island id into store:  id=Panama
Mistake Colony id into store:  id=none
--- QUEST EraseWind CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_LaVega_town1 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_LaVega_town2 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_LaVega_town3 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_LaVega_town4 CHECKED ---
SetCharacterTask_GotoPoint -> locator 'reload1_back' in group 'reload' not found
Template <runto> -> path not found chr.id = MalcolmHart
SetCharacterTask_GotoPoint -> locator 'reload1_back' in group 'reload' not found
Template <runto> -> path not found chr.id = Blaze
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle_fight CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_LaVega_town1 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_LaVega_town2 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_LaVega_town3 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_LaVega_town4 CHECKED ---
Template <runto> -> path not found chr.id = Blaze
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle_fight CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle_fight_win CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_fight CHECKED ---
--- Wrong Ship Index. iType is 1000
Character Blaze have invalid ship!
Character Blaze have invalid ship!
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle_fight_win_r CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_fight1 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle_fight2 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle_fight21_dialog CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_go_to_howernor CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle_fight21 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_jungle_fight3 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_go_to_howernor0 CHECKED ---
SetCharacterTask_GotoPoint -> locator 'reload3_back' in group 'reload' not found
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_go_to_howernor01 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_go_to_howernor1 CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_go_to_howernor1_fight CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_go_to_howernor1_fight_win CHECKED ---
--- QUEST quest_SantoDomingo_town_go_to_howernor1_fight_win1 CHECKED ---

system.log:

Code:
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 9
ERROR: Techniques: Find duplicate technique name: rain
Techniques: 22 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 230 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 794654712 ticks.
Using FMOD 00040805
Sound inited ok !!!
FMOD: Speaker mode STEREO
Can't load texture resource\textures\MAINMENU\RUSSIAN\CHECKER.TGA.tx
Can't sound resume -2 !!!! Sound is not playig !!!!
Can't load texture resource\textures\AMMO\NOTEXTURE.TGA.tx
Can't load texture resource\textures\LOADING\GATE0.TGA.tx
Character: No set idle animation!!!
Character animation: not set fight idle "fight stand_7" action
Total logical: 4, Total cores: 4, Total physical: 1
Intel CPU: Yes, SSE: On, HyperThreading: On

error.log:

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: items\initItems.c; line: 5311
invalid index 234 [size:234]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: items\initItems.c; line: 5311
function 'InitItems' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\RPGUtilite.c; line: 817
uninitialized aref
AClass ERROR n1
function 'GetCharacterSkill' stack error