• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Security Warning! Zero-day Exploit in Adobe Reader X!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Just a bit of a heads up for those of you out there that use Adobe Acrobat Reader X, you really might want to consider switching to another, more secure PDF reader. The flaw was reported by Russian security firm Group-IB. This also raises more concerns about Adobe's other products as well, although this one seems to only affect Acrobat Reader

“There is [a] new vulnerability in Adobe X which helps execute its own shellcode with the help of malformed PDF-documents with specially crafted forms,” Group-IB revealed in a news release earlier this week. According to the company, this is the first documented method of bypassing the Adobe Reader sandbox, dubbed Protected Mode, through shellcode execution. Needless to say, this is very appealing to cybercriminals.

You can read the full article over at Maximum PC HERE!

And the following a Youtube video showing the exploit in action :
[/quote]

Attachments

• pa-logo.png
    pa-logo.png
    11 KB · Views: 21
Great. That's what I have. On the other hand about all I use it for are reading government documents.

I know there are quite a few people out there that use it, I used to as well for many years, but I would highly recommend switching to one of the free alternatives such as Foxit Reader or Nitro PDF Reader.

Adobe has become way to big and way to bloated, they followed Microsoft's example to a tee! I will be glad when HTML 5 is fully implemented and I can permanently rid myself of the crap that is Adobe Flash!

Back