• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Selling ships

casapi

Landlubber
Hello, i was having trouble trying to swap ships it turns out you can swap at the shipyard only not while on sea.

Im playing vanilla 1.5, so, when i try to sell a ship (because i have2) the game sells the ship but leaves me with a tartane i cant get rid or sell.

help

Im playing vanilla 1.5, so, when i try to sell a ship (because i have2) the game sells the ship but leaves me with a tartane i cant get rid or sell.
What is "vanilla 1.5"? That does not at all sound like a familiar game version to me.

Are you absolutely certain you're talking about the 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean game by Akella?

Hello, i was having trouble trying to swap ships it turns out you can swap at the shipyard only not while on sea.

help

You can swap ships almost anywhere you are.
You can do it in any port (no matter where you are, be it the shipyard, the tavern, anywhere) and you can do it in the global map by going to the ships menu and pressing the "Replace captain" button, though being in a shipyard and endering the shipyard's menu you can change captains the way I thing you are already using.

If you are at sea, where you can see your entire fleet and give orders to every ship individually, you can use the "Replace captain" button on the ship menu and it will appear as it had worked but you will have to either moor to a port or exit to the global map to actually work.

So, long story short, being at sea doesn't let you swap captains between your ships.

Now, in order to sell a ship and not get a tartane, you must sell any ship but the one you are captain of. So if you want to sell the one you are captain to, first make one of your officers captain to it and then sell it.
Or you can just get the tartane as your ship, swap with another of your ships, place an officer that you don't care if he dies as the tartane's captain and either let it be sunk by enemy fire or just ram it until it's sunk.

Back