• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Sending officer to look for coastguard crash if leaving location to soon

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
If you send an officer to look for the patrol schedule and you are in a location which might not have a reload_1 locator or the locator at a weird place it could crash. catch should be included to have him leave the location nontheless and pchar should be set to actor untill quest cases are done, else pchar could leave before questcases are done and therefore no officer will return.

If you tell me where such a smuggling place is, where this could happen, I will of course test it:yes

Didn't Levis said it can happen at certain locations?
Indeed he refers to "a location which might not have a reload_1 locator or the locator at a weird place".
I've got to admit I don't know any examples of that by the top of my head. Hopefully @Levis does.

@Pillat any location is fine. I sugest picking a large location, test if you can leave the location after you send the officer away. your character should be set to actor (so you cant do anything) now untill he left. if he can't leave it will go automaticly after X seconds (forgot how many)

Anyone been able to test this already?
@Pillat ?

Playtesting always makes me question my mental state if I tested something successfully and then someone else comes in and says it doesn't work. But here we go. :nerbz
Tried this in Kralendijk (Bonaire) and Marigot (Saint Martin):

Case A
Sent my officer away while I was still in the tavern. Wasn't able to move and my officer ran to the door... and then he came back to follow me around again. He was gone after leaving the tavern though.

Case B
Left the tavern and then sent my officer away. In Kralendijk he quickly ran to the town gates while I wasn't able to move; then he came back to me. Marigot was a different matter though, because he didn't even try to leave. After entering the next location he was gone.

Case C
Went to the jungle at both locations and tried the same. My character was set to actor and the officer ran away; I was able to move again after... 60 seconds or so in the jungle outside of Kralendijk, because this particular location is so huge. With Tingyun's faster running speed it takes about half that time. I was curious about what my officer was up to, so I followed him and then... he came back to me.

And that's the whole story already. Other than the fact that my officer was some kind of weird bumerang I was always able to proceed with the smuggling quests without problems or crashes. The officer showed up the next day again, except when he was caught. Is that what you need to know?

Last edited:
weird he comes back .... you mean he comes back instantly after "leaving" the area?

He tried to leave the place, then turned and ran back to me to follow me around a bit more. The only place where he was really gone after leaving was the jungle outside of Marigot.

Last edited:
He tried to leave the place, then turned and ran back to me to follow me around a bit more. The only place where he was really gone after leaving was the jungle outside of Marigot.
ok, will look at it again tonight (hopefully)

Back