• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Several issues with 14.4

A.H

Privateer
The following issues I am unable to provide at the moment a save file, but if you require one for that certain issue then let me know i'll pinpoint it on its next occurrence:

* Usually when going to deck of ship, gunner gives you ammo... on this version 85% of the time you have to go to sea mode to get the ammo automatically... only 10-15% of the time the gunner gives u ammo on ship deck.
Thread: Confirmed Bug - Problem with gunner on deck | PiratesAhoy!

* Gambling - Sometimes when I gamble with someone, I sit right beside them when I'm supposed to sit infront of them (table is empty too). Another case where I accepted a game and I sat in another table far across from the table I chose to play, and when I finished game, my position resumed to where I first asked to play.
Thread: Confirmed Bug - Character not sitting in right spot for gambling while it is aviable | PiratesAhoy!

* This problem always existed but only occurs 30% of the time. When fighting several ships.. sometimes when the last one remains, the battle assumes it's over... and the last ship turns into a friendly. Then I quicksave & reload, and the battle resumes between me and the last ship.

* One of my master@arms automatically changed to surgeon when he has nothing to do with surgeon.. i kept changing his role as master @ arms.. and sometimes he changes to surgeon automatically.

* Also regarding officers.. When I have 2 or more officers on my bodyguard.. sometimes one picture on bottom left corner shows of one officer, while the other officer doesn't show...
seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0005.jpg

* This issue existed from previous versions as well. When I get ship upgrade regarding hull.. the ship turns 105% which on the lower left corner bar it shows black color as in 0% hull health.
seadogs2_0010.jpg seadogs2_0014.jpg
Thread: Unconfirmed Bug - When upgrading hull goes to 105% | PiratesAhoy!

* This is related to the shopkeeper items.. couldn't find the thread so i'll write it here.
I have realized that all towns now have a poor selection of items (especially weapons),
In previous versions you can find a great variety of goods and good numbers of them. This definitely has something to do with the excessive increase of goods at start of game. Now the quite opposite is happening.
Thread: Confirmed Bug - Item traders having to much or to few goods and money | PiratesAhoy!

There are a few more issues that I forgot but when I remember i'll post in this thread.
I got one more troubleshoot problem maybe someone can help me, it has to do with technical... when I first started new game, speed was excellent... now through the game, every load screen takes some time. Going to deck, going out of deck.. going to room or building and out.. exit and enter.. all takes time.
The only one that loads instantly is the Sea mode. Any help regarding that would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of these issues sound like things we fixed before.... You know for sure you installed the game right?
You used the .cab file and the new installed?
What do you think @Pieter Boelen

I downloaded 2 files.. from the 14.4 thread. The 2.5GB one and the 52MB one.
I first installed fresh copy of POTC, then made sure it ran fine.

Then I installed the 52 MB and that's all... did I miss something?

Also to add a little issue that I am finding weird.. the shipyard stopped offering any ship over tier 4.
When i was lvl 10-12 I bought a tier 2 Centurion.. and that was the only time a ship higher than tier 4 was offered at any shipyard.

Now most shipyards have tier 6, 7, and occasional tier 5 ships.
Tier 4 (Raa frig, etc.) is quite rare to be honest.

What is the date showing in your game's main menu?

* Usually when going to deck of ship, gunner gives you ammo... on this version 85% of the time you have to go to sea mode to get the ammo automatically... only 10-15% of the time the gunner gives u ammo on ship deck.
If I recall, it SHOULD happen when you go to 3D sailing mode. @Jack Rackham originally added that, so maybe he can confirm.

* Gambling - Sometimes when I gamble with someone, I sit right beside them when I'm supposed to sit infront of them (table is empty too). Another case where I accepted a game and I sat in another table far across from the table I chose to play, and when I finished game, my position resumed to where I first asked to play.
@pedrwyth did some large rewrites of the relevant code to prevent weirdness a while ago.

* This problem always existed but only occurs 30% of the time. When fighting several ships.. sometimes when the last one remains, the battle assumes it's over... and the last ship turns into a friendly. Then I quicksave & reload, and the battle resumes between me and the last ship.
That is a famous problem that I had hoped to have fixed, but apparently didn't.
I thought I indeed saw that too, but when I loaded me Save At Sea, the ship was back to hostile.
Still strange, but since it cannot be replicated from a save, it is very difficult to track down. :facepalm

* One of my master@arms automatically changed to surgeon when he has nothing to do with surgeon.. i kept changing his role as master @ arms.. and sometimes he changes to surgeon automatically.
Do you know exactly WHEN that happened? That was a known problem when you visited your ship's deck, but I caught and fixed that weeks ago! :shock

* This issue existed from previous versions as well. When I get ship upgrade regarding hull.. the ship turns 105% which on the lower left corner bar it shows black color as in 0% hull health.
Didn't you already fix that, @Levis?

@A.H, before we do anything else, I'd really want to confirm the game version that you're playing with!
What version number and date is shown in your game's main menu?

@A.H did you install it over the old version or did you do a clean install?

Brand new install

... Pieter I forgot to mention, but the one I have is 27th september when I start game it shows.

Build 14.4..

... Pieter I forgot to mention, but the one I have is 27th september when I start game it shows.
That IS indeed the latest version. Bizarre that you're getting all these problems that should have been fixed by now. :modding

Maybe it got something to do with my Windows 8.1

I didn't consider upgrading to windows 10 since I am very unhappy with 8.1

Windows 7 was one of the best experiences i had with gaming

That would surprise me. Maybe you're actually right and our fixes for these problems didn't actually work.
We'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Reactions: A.H
The game runs just fine whit my WIN 8.1. The performance is god. About 60 fps on sea, and up to 62 fps on land.
So I have no problem whit 8.1, when you learn to know it, its doing a fine job.

Reactions: A.H
I never liked win8.1 and went to winX. Everything runs better and it is easy to set up and use, but for me at least, it trashed POTC. It is now pretty much unplayable, but constant searching and trying new things seems to point to it being the video card drivers as the culprit. You have a laptop so might be safe.

* Also regarding officers.. When I have 2 or more officers on my bodyguard.. sometimes one picture on bottom left corner shows of one officer, while the other officer doesn't show...
View attachment 22977 View attachment 22978

I think this is because you are on deck. And on deck only some specific types of officers are spawned. the others are somewhere else on the ship (if the functionality is complete at least :p ).

Made some topics for the other things to keep track of it. Linked them in the main post. please try to use those.

Back