• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Shared Dialogs for Governors

When I visited the governor of San Juan when I first spoke to him the dialog was blank for both of us. The 2nd time I tried it we had proper dialogs and I got a letter of marque.
Confirmed and fixed. Thanks for that! :cheers

Ahoy Pieter,

Before this fix I went to the governor in San Juan to get the Admiral's son's quest and the governor dialogue was a little messed up. I got the quest just fine by talking to the admiral but I don't the gov dialogue is all there. Then when you talk to the tavern keeper on Jamaica playing BFF he refers to Silehard's daughter. When you fine her though she is Morgan.

@Jason: What was the game version where the San Juan dialog didn't work? I know I corrected an error for that a while back.
What exactly was messed up? Did he talk at all?

The name of the daughter should be made period dependent or so. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future fixing.

@Jason: What was the game version where the San Juan dialog didn't work? I know I corrected an error for that a while back.
What exactly was messed up? Did he talk at all?

The name of the daughter should be made period dependent or so. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future fixing.
The game is the March six version. He has couple of things he says but that is all and doesn't really respond to what I say.

The game is the March six version. He has couple of things he says but that is all and doesn't really respond to what I say.
I think they are incomplete. When you first address him his response is blank then when you hit the enter key he goes to Spanish relations with other nations.

Pieter, I know we have had some exchange about BFF relations with other nations and I have been thinking about that a lot and I have some further thoughts. Do you want me to post it here or send a PM?

Last edited:
I am marking this as "Included in Build" since it seems to be working as intended (e.g. you don't even notice it being done ;) ).
If nobody has any further feedback, we can Archive this.

One thing I'd like to have confirmed though: If you capture a town (other than Kralendijk!) for yourself, does your governor realise that he's working for YOU now?
A simple version of that was added to the Bonaire governor only, but with the shared files, this should now apply to ALL of them.

Now that this is done, that does make it easier in the future to add specific navy gameplay to the shared governor dialog and/or include improved personal nation functionality.

One thing I'd like to have confirmed though: If you capture a town (other than Kralendijk!) for yourself, does your governor realise that he's working for YOU now?
A simple version of that was added to the Bonaire governor only, but with the shared files, this should now apply to ALL of them.
Would anyone care to take a town for yourself and let me know if this now works?

Otherwise, I think we can archive this project as it seems to have worked.

Back