• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Sharptown (Isla del Tesoro)

JohnV

Terrain Machine
3D Artist
Terrain Sculptor
There is a main quest danger here!

When you complete the "Barbazon's Temptation" quest and speak to all the barons, you go to Jan Svenson to report. He is supposed to proceed with a plan for Tortuga and the further progress of "Pirate Saga" about Helen's heritage to Sharptown and other main quests.

However! If at that time there has already been a lot of time passed (to me it's 11 October 1657), Sharptown will become English and Svenson will tell you that you cannot proceed, Helen goes home, and that's it! Say goodbye to all the main quests then... this is not supposed to happen, because I noticed in the russian forum about the game, that Svenson will proceed with plans for capturing Tortuga, as I said above. No one in the forums mention about this issue, or at least I haven't found it yet.

The thing is, that it becomes English when you talk to Svenson. If you don't talk, it will stay pirate. But of course, you cannot proceed anyway...

Also, I don't know which date is the "red line", before you lose this opportunity.

I am really frustrated now, because I reached a dead end, without a warning about it. I tried reaching Svenson earlier, but it wasn't enough. If anybody knows a solution, it would be greatly appreciated! Also, more players will know not to make the same mistake.

You have 12 months from the moment Helen joins you as an officer and you lose a lot of time serching for those amulets i know i lost like 3 or 4 months serching for them , i know because i had to replay the quest in order to make it right
Best advice i can give is to load an game before Helen joins you and have most if not all the amulets when she joins you

Oh my god... My game is ruined, lol. You can't imagine what a way I came through until now.:modding How did you know. Did Svenson mention a year time limit or something? I seem to have missed it.

Anyway, it's a game, no need to worry. I will try again, when I regain my enthusiasm, lol.:p

Is there a way to hack the quest system somehow and change the time tracker for this? Just to not start all over.

Is there a way to hack the quest system somehow and change the time tracker for this? Just to not start all over.
From what I hear, SD:TEHO does not have an open PROGRAM folder.
So that is unfortunately not possible, I'm afraid.

Oh my god... My game is ruined, lol. You can't imagine what a way I came through until now.:modding How did you know. Did Svenson mention a year time limit or something? I seem to have missed it.

Anyway, it's a game, no need to worry. I will try again, when I regain my enthusiasm, lol.:p

Yes he did say it when you talk to him after Helen joins you (only i read dialogue ?)

Yes he did say it when you talk to him after Helen joins you (only i read dialogue ?)
I read dialogue every time thoroughly, I just don't remember everything. This particular information, I might not remember, because I didn't put much emphasis on time limits of the main quests, if it's not metnioned strictly by someone, and written in the quest book. Jan mentioned it, like you said, but maybe it didn't sound as important and likely for me to take it into consideration.:(

You can still continue main story by skipping the rest of Pirate Saga and capturing Tortuga on your own, but that is almost impossible. I did the same mistake when playing myself, so I can imagine the frustration.

How did you know. Did Svenson mention a year time limit or something? I seem to have missed it.

Svensson dialogue at start of Shark Hunt

"And, don't waste a minute of your time. I mean it. You remember the subscript in the will that says that if the inheritors don't respond over the period of a year, then Isla Tesoro will go to the English crown, right? Well time isn't on our side right now. When you and I saw each other last time there was only around eleven months left until the time was up."

Svensson dialogue at start of Shark Hunt

"And, don't waste a minute of your time. I mean it. You remember the subscript in the will that says that if the inheritors don't respond over the period of a year, then Isla Tesoro will go to the English crown, right? Well time isn't on our side right now. When you and I saw each other last time there was only around eleven months left until the time was up."
Thanks. It seems I missed for some odd reason... Anyway, I loaded a save just before returning on Justice Island. I remember spensing about 2 months there, because I wanted to develop my character and ship more, before proceeding the main story. So, I just loaded the save and visited justice island instantly this time. I had a couple of days left then, after completing barbazona, and I managed to speak to both Svenson and the lawer, before time is up, until Svenson appointed Dodson in sharptown temporarily, so I guess it is "locked" now and no danger to lose the quest.

EDIT: So... It seems there is no way out with this... I will have to start over before getting Helen as my officer...

Last edited:
I think the countdown starts when Shark hunt quest begins, right? That's not when you get Helen as an officer, so you can do anything as long as you wish, before talking to Svensson and warn you about the one year time limit.

I think the countdown starts when Shark hunt quest begins, right? That's not when you get Helen as an officer, so you can do anything as long as you wish, before talking to Svensson and warn you about the one year time limit.
No you must read carefully or be frustrated. :readThe dialogue I quoted is a reminder (I think) and says time had elapsed to 11 months LAST TIME you met him. Perhaps you may not even get that dialogue if the time is vastly out so maybe you didn't miss it.

I don't know where the time limit is first notified to you (but suspect it is somewhere tied up with meeting Helen) or how much is left by the time of starting Shark hunt. Advice elsewhere here on the thread is 12 months from when Helen joins you which may well be true, certainly something to work from.

So I did start over from getting Helen, it seems it's easier now, because I am not spending time in reading stuff and always know what to do next, so it's quick enough.:) i am at the middle of the Justice island quest now.

one thing i hate about the game is how it tries to screw you to the end. last time on pirate saga, i had ALL the amulets BUT madonna (that alone is already screwed up since madonna is USUALLY available on priest merchants). i have all the rare amulets, and indian amulets, and guess what amulet snake-eye requested...

Back