• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help ship dosent seems do move

Are you able to hoist your sails?

Which mod version are you running?

Sure, thanks 4 taking care of my problem, its a gereat mod, it would have to wait til 2morrow, im not at home
Any save game works ?

If you can indeed hoist sails, the only thing that springs to mind is a lack of wind or trying to sail the wrong way.

I believe I remebered once that all my crew died during a battle and I wasn't able to move without having the minimum amount of crew required to sail the ship. That might be the problem?

If you are out of crew (well, you are never out of crew because yu are at least 1^^), I thought that the sails are raised just very very very ... slow and same for turning.. but I don't think you are completely unable to move then, though it could need some hours when having this situation on a quite big ship :D and then with realism mode on ... :D

Im going to try again and then let U know, thanks 4 now (can i make a save game in 3d wiew ?
btw where can i se the wind direction and speed ?

Last edited:
Save in 3D sailing mode can be done as long as no enemies are near.

In realistic game mode especially, having too much sail damage or not enough crew could indeed make ship handling a pain.
Enter world map mode from the enter menu of you can, use fast travel and possibly arcade game mode to get to a shipyard for repairs.

Should be a compass on your screen.
Though since I suspect you play on realistic game mode, you must have purchased and equipped that first.

If not, look at the size of the waves and your flags.

ahh thanks, now I m beginning to understand, been a while since I played it last !
btw where can I buy a wind indicator ?

Compasses should be sold at the shops.
Better ones become available throughout the game.

Back