• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Ship left squadron

Gummiballen

Landlubber
Okey, so I had two ships and was sailing to Bermuda when that treacherous bastard Hinks made of with the other ship (The Dog of War).
Is it possible to find it again? Mostly on principle, since nobody fucking steals my ships!

PS: I'm using Gentlemen of Fortune mod.

If the dog of War has disappeared off your radar - then I don't think it is possible to find it again.

Only way to get it back is use a save before Hinks leaves - when he leaves he should turn hostile to you so can then board him and recover your ship.

Otherwise you will have to use a save before Hinks leaves - go to the F2 screen and replace him as captain before he has a Chance to leave. ( while in F2 check the crews morale - if it is low then they may possibly leave whoever the captain is -I think)

:walkplank

I noticed that the most important thing here is loyality. If it's low, officer who commands the 2nd ship will leave you.
I gained new ship and I had to find new officer really fast because after 00:00 there was information about mutiny on that ship.
I found new officer, gave him 2nd ship and everything was fine.

I don't know how to make that loyality would increase.
Usually it decreases and sometimes I must fire officers and I must remember that I can't give them any new ship because there'll be mutiny.

Try a test. Hire two officers, one a scoundrel and the other a man of honor, and see which one does the best.

Long time passed, I come back to game but I think it depends on loyality, not reputation.

Long time passed, I come back to game but I think it depends on loyality, not reputation.

If you are a good guy, and you hire an officer who's also a good guy, his loyalty will be higher than those evil scum which you recruit.

On the other hand, if you are an evil swashbuckler, and you hire another evil scoundrel, his loyalty will be higher than those good guys which you recruit.

Back