• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

SHIP NAMES

My fleet is as follows:

Battleship: Hawk, 12 lb culverines: My flagship

Battleship:Nigel Labbet, 12 lb culverines

Battleship:Girars Mons, 12 lb culverines

I use 12 lb culverines so I wont be outranged and destroyed in battles.

here is my precious fleet...

Warship--> My flagship, "Tollheitundwut"
(means "Madness and Fury" in German)

Galleon--> My loot ship, "Plünderunghüter"
(means "Keeper of Plunder" in German)

Frigate--> My Support Ship, "Unbesiegbarkeit"
(means "Invincibility" in German)

Schooner(green)--> My Extra Loot Ship, "Smaragdmeer"
(means "Emerald Sea" in German)

(all fitted with the max lbs of cannons each ship can handle)

Lots of good names around here. Personally, I tend to go for names that are from real life, as well as made up ones(cause I can't remember that many real life ones). Also I will sometimes just put a II(2) after the name of a ship if the original happened to sink.

Arabella - Warship
Santa Maria - Warship(I think) - Also the name of Columbus' ship
San Juan - Battleship
Lion - Battleshop
Santiago - Galleon(I think)

Obviously there are more than this, but Lion is the only English ship that comes to mind and I can't remember any French or any more Spanish ones. Damn my memory.

And of course I tend to use the name Indefatigable on my flagship...especially if it's a frigate or Warship. xD:

Well, I've decided. My main ship is the "Apollo", named after my wife's purebred Arabian horse. After that, comes the "Intrepid", the "Dauntless", and the "Blind Drunk" (named after me). :D

I'll not be naming any of my ships "Enterprise", since that television series stinks to high heaven. Let the flames begin. :D

How could ye hate the "Enterprise". Ye know there were several warships named Enterprise long before Star Trek ever came out...

As for me, as I belive I stated before me Corvette be named the "Apocalypse". :D

Enterprise, yes, long naval tradition of ships named Enterprise... Ongoing since NASA actually named one of the Space Shuttles the Enterprise. That was pretty cool, I thought.

My neighbor when I was just a wee lass was an officer on the Enterprise... Ummm, the AIRCRAFT CARRIER (during the Vietnam war), not the tall ship, LOL, I'm old but not THAT old! HA!!! :D

http://www.bostoninfo.navy.mil/enterprise/

Just check out this site. Go to about Big E, and hit the history button. There are 8 ships named "Enterprise". 2 Aircraft Carriers, one built in WW2, and the newest one is the worlds first Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier.

Mad_jack you seem like a very nice fellow and it seems we'v all taken a liking to you already :mrgreen: welcome to our humble community

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I really enjoy this board and the people I've met, and I've learned so much helpful information on PotC.

And you're right - I'm throwing the baby out with the bathwater on the "Enterprise" matter. I'm from a Navy family, and my Dad served aboard the Enterprise in WWII. Not invoking the name is to ignore Naval tradition and a rich legacy. Thanks for the gentle reminder. ;)

Well. it's official. My Corvette's name is the "Apollo", after me wife's Arabian horse. I had a French Captain sailing with me, but the b***ard wouldn't match colors with me, nor defend me. I've half a mind to blast him to Davey Jones' locker!!! What bloody insolence on his part!!!

Oops! Didn't realize at first that the French captain was Clair Larousse. :cheeky: Still not sure why he ran, but I have my suspicions. :x

With that said, and thanks to far too limited time, I now have two Corvettes - the "Apollo" and the newly rechristened "Opportunity." Now that I've bought the wife her own wireless laptop, perhaps I'll have a little more peace with which to plunder myself silly. 8)

I callled my ship's Santa Maria (yeah me 2 :yes ) and the other one El Muerte, i don't know if it's desent spanish, i tried to out down the dead, well rather black death, but coulden't think of the spanish word for black, anybody speak spaniash xD:

I think the Spanish word for "black" is "negro", Hathi! (like Freixenet Cordon Negro, the champagne in the black bottle) So I am guessing your ship could be called El Muerte Negro. (I speak only poquito Espanol, ha!)

And welcome aboard too! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! xD:

Ah, another lovely corvette has come into my posession. This one has been renamed the "Fortunato". I never realized that collecting could be so much fun... xD:

OK, Catalina, here's another for you to try:

"El Lobo Barracho".

I think it has a nice ring to it. :cheers

Sorry Mad_Jack, I said POQUITO, you pretty much got the extent of my Spanish in the previous post. Wolf is lobo, okay, but barracho? Sounds familiar but ??? No clue.

How about El Lobo Pirata? :cheers

Back