• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship performance

@Levis No I dont think so. But I better start a new game, so much weird is
happening in this one. My crew morale is dropping down, the want me
to sign articles even the fact I am a naval officer and have all good officers?
My reputation is hero, but international affairs says -61. When I hoist my
personal flag, my nation comes hostile to me, I could go on with speaking
about new strange experiences.
So what do you say, a new game yes?

Also the compile log is terrible big now: 87.9 KB
Most of it is " trying to spawn item"

Attachments

• compile.log
    87.9 KB · Views: 116
That sounds like you may have upset your own nation for real for whatever reason.
Please upload a savegame. There should be a note in your Ship's Log indicating when that happened and hopefully why.
If you can, please also show a screenshot of your Character and Nations Relations interfaces.
If you find the relevant Ship's Log entry, I'm interested in seeing that too.

Reputation has nothing to do with international relations. (But one effect of being "Hero" is that you can trade in hostile ports; the storekeeper and shipyard owner won't say "I refuse to trade with a person of your reputation and relations".)

It does indeed sound as though you have done something to upset your nation, e.g. fired at a ship while flying a flag friendly to that ship, or attacked a ship belonging to your nation or one of its allies. You've probably been kicked out of the navy and are now a pirate, which means the crew now behave as normal for a pirate - if you have more than about 1 million gold, they want a share of it.

Cheers,

and just another one. Yes, I am very actively playing this game today :aar

I just did the Nigel Blythe questline. The part where I have to sink that pirate ship near the portuguese island, Mean Harry or so.
First, I found it strange that the ship fled, despite outgunning me two on one. I was sailing a sloop of war, the pirate ship was a pirate corvette I think.
2nd, the ship does not fit in my time period (spanish main).
3rd, after I commandeered it, and swapped ships to personally sail it, the framerate dropped significantly. I suspekt this may be because the ship does not fit in the time period causing lots of errors.

In case someone wants to look into, I attach a savegame and an errorfile.
Hm, I can't adda savegame ... strange. Well then be it so.

Attachments

• error.log
    129.4 KB · Views: 123
It's a quest ship which is hard coded and bypasses the time periods unless it is specifically instructed to take those into account.
That will not cause actual problems though.
The game itself doesn't mind wrong period ships at all. :no

@Skyworm to attach a saved game for your bug with performance drop, first zip the saved game up in a rar archive. That will allow you to upload.

@Skyworm did you install my latest zip already (the one I posted a few hours ago)? I believe that should fix the errors you are having

Hm, I can't adda savegame ... strange. Well then be it so.
Savegames, and for that matter most types of file other than a few specifically recognised types, need to be zipped first. You'll presumably have some sort of zip/unzip program otherwise you won't be able to use zip updates such as those posted by @Levis. If not, get 7-Zip - it's free, it can read various types of archives, and it can zip up a savegame ready to be posted here.

Savegames, and for that matter most types of file other than a few specifically recognised types, need to be zipped first. You'll presumably have some sort of zip/unzip program otherwise you won't be able to use zip updates such as those posted by @Levis. If not, get 7-Zip - it's free, it can read various types of archives, and it can zip up a savegame ready to be posted here.
Windows can read .zip files by itself and you can just say "copy to->compressed folder" in windows to zip files

Also the compile log is terrible big now: 87.9 KB
Most of it is " trying to spawn item"
how long of a playsession did you do to get this compile.log file? It doesn't look at weird to me imo.

Thanks for looking into it.

And no Levis, I did not install the latest zip. Didn't stumble over it. Will do soon. Thanks!
Pirate fast galleons eems to be a good choice for a pirate ship in the early periods.

@ANSEL I posted a new version again (7-10b) this will defently improve perfomance.

@Pieter Boelen The game was so crazy that I decided to start a new one, the only
logs there are left, is the compile in post 41.
@Grey Roger I haven't upset my nation, neither kicked out of the Navy, just promoted
to Post Captain. It must be the game going nuts!
By the way, I thought " Signing Articles " is not used, when playing as a naval officer?

Well I guess I have to see what happens starting a new game :shrug
Edit The flag problems seems to make a lot troubles ?

@Levis The performance at sea are perfect now :D
Still a little stuttering at land, when going from a section
to another, ind and out of doors, but much better than before.
Nice :yes.

@Levis The performance at sea are perfect now :D
Still a little stuttering at land, when going from a section
to another, ind and out of doors, but much better than before.
Nice :yes.
the little stutter at the start will stay. it has to do with the post-init for characters. I use the time of the fade etc to calculate a lot of stuff because mostly during this time nothing important happens. In most cases I believe this stutter shouldn't be more then 1 second.

Good to hear the performance on land and sea are better now.
In case anyone (like @Pieter Boelen , @Grey Roger , @Tingyun or someone else) wants to know how, I took the function which runs every frame (or so) and added a time component to it. So it will just run every X ms instead of it being depended on the frames. This way it will actually behave more controlled and it saves a lot of computing power because some of these functions where becoming quite bloated with mod added stuff.

By the way, I thought " Signing Articles " is not used, when playing as a naval officer?
It's not, UNLESS you got kicked out of the service for piratical conduct.
That is something that can indeed happen.
Allows you to role play as a Naval Officer who turned pirate if you so choose.

I took the function which runs every frame (or so) and added a time component to it. So it will just run every X ms instead of it being depended on the frames. This way it will actually behave more controlled and it saves a lot of computing power because some of these functions where becoming quite bloated with mod added stuff.
Does that mean it takes longer after loading before every character is initialized correctly?

I have just been playing the best big sea battle, ever I think. Seven real big Spanish ship.
It toke hours in real time.
And :The performance at sea , it is also near the best, I have seen long. 60 fps staple
all the time. Even the good old graphical anomaly never happen. Sounds good too.
The performance on land has 2-3 sec stuttering when you goes from one section to
another, else it is good all over.:guns:

That sounds awesome, @ANSEL!

How long have you been playing the game now?
Quite incredible that after all those years, it can still surprise you and give a more exciting sea battle than ever before! :shock

I had my head in this game for about 9 years now, I ques. I was able to play this
sea battle in a more tactical way, than I use to could. About 3 hours real time it
was going on, just perfect in any ways.

Back