• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Swap/Sale Issue

Mafeking Smalls

Powder Monkey
Ahoy,

I fought and captured a couple of ships, got damaged and eventually sank in a twister.

My crew, hearty souls that they are, managed to launch a lifeboat in the teeth of the storm and my little fleet made harbour. I thought I'd change ships with an officer and sell the jolly tartane "Lifeboat". I sold her first, and am now unable to swap to either of my two other ships. My slot is listed as "Not Used" and I haven't the money to buy another ship to fill it!

I went jungling about and cogitating for a while before I came back to town, thinking I could berth and then manage to swap ships that way. Forgetting I could do this from my ship screen, I went to the shipwright. There I found a possible bug where I can "repaint" my empty slot with whatever I choose for no cost, so I can sail about in a large galleon if I wish.

Hmmm.

That is a glitch of a glitch. You are not supposed to be able to sell your ship at all!

Wowee.

I have now worked around it by berthing all ships then relaunching them with one in slot 1.

The same thing has just happened, with a capsize. No problem selling my ship either time, although I did get a warning that I couldn't berth my ship while my companions still had ships.

I was able to sell the non-existent galleon for 14,000 though, so presumably I could continue making money from nothing!

Back