• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Ship's Log to Include More Details

Black Bart

Corsair
Storm Modder
I mentioned in the Beta 4 WIP thread where i brought this up, if it would be possible to get specific entries in the Ship's Log about what actions you took, over the slightly more generic info we get now.

For example where we now have:

'visited the local merchant, sold off our cargo and refilled our supplies. The trade earned me 14670 pieces of gold.'

would it possible to have something like:

'visited the local merchant Alan Milds, sold our cargo off 100 cwt Leather and 100 cwt Chocolate for 14900 gold. I also bought 5 cwt of Food and 3 cwt of Rum which cost me 230 gold.'

Where you get the data direct from the transaction to keep a better informed log?

Might be possible; the question is how important it is to add that, since I imagine the amount of work required might be fairly substantial.

For now, I'm marking it as a "Feature Request" so that other people comment on it.
That should allow us to determine the importance.

Did we always have a 'ship's log' even? The Quest Book obviously is required, but i'm not sure on the Ship's log. I see you can also add your own entries, so maybe we could reduce the 'spam' and just keep it to player entries IF this is a mod added feature and not part of the default game?

Did we always have a 'ship's log' even? The Quest Book obviously is required, but i'm not sure on the Ship's log. I see you can also add your own entries, so maybe we could reduce the 'spam' and just keep it to player entries IF this is a mod added feature and not part of the default game?
It is most definitely a mod-added feature. @Sulan made it, if I remember correctly.

I very much like having it; even if it can be a bit "quirky" at times.

If you do Smuggling then @Levis has made the Ships Log essential since this is where you can see the rumors of changes in the coastguard patrols for the various islands.

It is also essential for @Levis' "Fetch Quests" as it is how you find out when traders are in need of help to get supplies. :yes

:read

I have also recently added some explanatory notes to the Ship's Log to indicate when nation relations to the player change for specific reasons.
For example, when nations turn hostile because you attacked their allies or because your actions have marked you as a pirate.
So indeed we should probably keep it. ;)

oh yes keep it (!) i was not suggesting otherwise, but i think Pieter knows the odd behaviour and why that happens, and i think i had just been using it 'wrong' to trigger that, which made me wonder if it was bust or something. I will stick to clicking the category tabs on the left of the screen to navigate through it from now on :yes

Back