• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ships Ported Over From POTC

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I will upload all ships and post there respective links in this topic. All the ships I will attempt to port will be from POTC, the first ship to be ported is the Cutter and thanks to Captain Maggee's help, here she is.

This is the first ship i have ported over from POTC and its been a tough learning curve but I got there in the end and am happy to finally be sitting here saying this.

Download links bellow.
Cutter
Pinnace Of War
War Galleon
Fluyt Of War
Amsterdam
Indiaman
Sloop Of War
XebecAS
Heavy Warship
Ketch
Yacht
Shnyava1
Merchantman
War Pinnace
Gunboat
Batavia2

All Above Ships Combined Mod

All ships bellow are not included in the above Combined Ships Mod.
Lydia1
La Licorne

All ships above are included in this next release of the combined ship mod. However this version includes all ported ships by Cpng due to the Real Time Battle Light Mod been based around those ships aswell.
The RTBL ships full combined mod is All Ported Ships Combined Mod

As promised the latest version for the ships combined mod, or as MK calles it the LukeUber Mod. :rolleyes: Because the mod its self required you to be have a premium account on Megaupload i have uploaded what i have called an addon, this is simply added onto the game overwriting all previous files of the combined ship mod and adding the new ships, this will add about 12 new ships to the game. Those ships are Victory 106 gun's, Endevour from the movie POTC, Lugger VML, Batavia1 are just a few. This addon is called part 1, the reason well i might one day try to port over a few more ships which will be added to another addon which will be part 2.
All Ships Combined Addon Part 1
:onya

Nice stuff! Keep up with the good work :onya

Thanks :onya , hopefully soon there will be most or all ships from POTC in COAS.

When i firsted tried to port the War Galleon a 40 cannon ship and the Fluyt Of War a 34 cannon ship over the game would play but when you tried to go to the port or go outside the4 game would close on you, now i have figured out where i was going wrong i have managed to get both into the game but they look like this one

The textures need some work or i'm missin a texture, i will keep trying maybe its something simple, any i will move on to another ship and when i have more time to play around and search for things better i will try to fix any ships that don't have there textures working, i did rename the hull textures which could be why they are not worling, i will try it and see if that was the reason.

Update, it was indeed due to me renaming the textures that coursed the problem with the War Galleon, i will upload the War Galleon and Fluyt Of War soon.

Yep if you rename textures you need to hex-edit :yes

Oh and if you hex-edit the word needs to be same length as original :shrug

Luke, What were you doing wrong? How did you get it to go to sail mode without crashing? I'm about to give up here. MK

Luke, What were you doing wrong? How did you get it to go to sail mode without crashing? I'm about to give up here. MK

MK, i will give an example of the file name i edited and since then everything works. :will

The main texture for the Fluyt Of War is FleutOfWar34G.tga which you place 1 file to each hull folder and you place a copy of the same file into INTERFACES, thats where i was going wrong, you first need to edit the file name so that it looses all its extra bits so the file changes from and to, see bellow.

Before
Code:
FleutOfWar34G.tga

After
Code:
FleutOfWar.tga
And everything seems to work since doing that. Hope its the same for you aswell MK. :onya

I have just ported over the War Galleon and Fluyt Of War, bellow are pictures for you to see. I will upload the ships soon.
Fluyt Of War

War Galleon

3 More ships ported to COAS.

Here is the Pinnace Of War, she's a 40 gunner some 22 guns more than her merchant version the Pinnace. Some work will need to be done on the textures which i can't do but the ship is in the game thats the main thing.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7IY3MP8X

Here is the War Galleon.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTIO0FMX

Finally got the Fluyt Of War to work in COAS, maybe some texture work needed but thats not my area, hopefully someone who knows about textures will find time to update these ships one day.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9B3P8VQ2

Next the Indiaman and the Sloop Of War, as soon as i get some spare time that is. Hopefully MK will be able to get some ported aswell which will help reduce work loads. :will

After looking more at this ship it appears work will be required setting the ropes and other things correctly, maybe one day i will try to learn this part of ship modding but at the moment i want to move each and every ship from POTC over to COAS and this is just one more ship to be moved over. I give you the 50 gunner Amsterdam.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SJ6YNBSE

Well i said the next ship to be ported would be the Indiaman and here she is and doesn't she look nice. I will have to purchase her when i get the chance to play COAS again.

A sailorpoints file needs to be done, i will do it as soon as i have more time.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M6CV9A1V

Well its a must have isn't it, if Black Beards ship The Queen Ann's Revenge was really a Sloop then we need a ship thats as close to her as possible. I think the ship was more like a Schooner, Packet Brig or other similar ship but maybe it was a Sloop what ever it was here is the Sloop Of War a 22 gunner class 3 ship. I think thats 5 or 6 ships for class 3 now, i will look for more.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3NH6KC8X

Luke, Holy crap man you are kicking this in the butt! Thanks, your tip was helpful. I was not putting a duplicate in the interface file. I'm not even playing the game tonight. I'm just going to try to port. I was reading everything I could on the tutorials last night to try to figure out where I was going wrong and came across some ships I haven't seen in POTC before and oh BTW are already ported over to COAS, but I don't know who did it or where to get them. Anyone know anything about these, who made them, or where we can get them??? They're already ported or native to another version so we would just need the files to drop them in. They are really nice models.

Well we're getting there, i've just installed build 14 for POTC so i can get access to the other ships. I have tried to port the Victory over but the detailed iteam's on the top deck was all missing, no ropes etc the same for the Endevour and Dauntless, i tried to port another war Galleon over this one been a 54 or 56 gunner, i think i know where i went wrong with that and will try again soon. I did however manage to port another ship over. With you now hopefully able to get the ships working we will fly through them and have all the ships that are not in COAs in the game. As i'm instaling each ship after testing i'm adding it to a folder called combined ships, basically its all the ships pre installed, that way i have a backup of my ships that do work should i come across a ship that won't work or i can't figure out where i've gone wrong.

Those ships do look nice where did you read or hear about those ships been released for COAS?

We have 3 Xebec's in the game, ones a quest ship the other two are almost identical to one another so i figured why not port another Xebec over to COAs and even the number to 4 different Xebec's. This Xebec is different in that it has 4 more cannons than the other standard models.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6E1UANJU

Luke I suggest you have all the links in post one (dont worry about screenshots in the first post) that either goes to the post with the screenshot or is just the download link ;)

hey Luke many thanks for the time you put into it.

I'm also going to try to port a ship when i find some time. :?

Luke I suggest you have all the links in post one (dont worry about screenshots in the first post) that either goes to the post with the screenshot or is just the download link ;)
I will get straight to it Captain Maggee. :onya

hey Luke many thanks for the time you put into it.

I'm also going to try to port a ship when i find some time. :?

Thank you. :onya Ah

The more working on this the better. :will

Well we have another first rate ship that been the Heavy Warship. She has 74 cannons and from what i can see the only thing needed is a new sailorspoints file which i will do soon. For now though her is the Heavy Warship.

http://hotfile.com/dl/18016114/c7a4210/HeavyWarship.rar.html

The Ketch has now been ported over and the waterline has been reset, the only thing needed for this ship is a sailorspoints file to be created which like the other's i will start soon. Here are some screenshots, see the first post of this thread for the link to download it.

Is there ea way you can still use megaupload because i am having trouble with the other site. Thank you and I love your work, its about time someone did all the beautiful ships over to CoAS!

No problem Craiggo, MU wasn't working for me earlier, maybe a server update or something anyway its working again now so i'll upload the Heavy Warship and Ketch now through MU. :onya

OK I think I've got it. Will let you know shortly. Questions: Are you bundling any of the ones you've ported into the Scripts/Merchants on Maps folder and ships utilities folder? If not, what is our method going to be when we get them all done so they can be randomly generated and not just a ship available for purchase at shipyards?

Examples:

from MerchantOnMap.c folder

int SetShipTypeMerchant(ref Cap)
{
int iShip, hcrew, irank;

if(makeint(pchar.rank) > 10)
{
irank = rand(2) + 3;
}

if(makeint(pchar.rank) > 6 && makeint(pchar.rank) < 11)
{
irank = rand(2);
}

switch (sti(Cap.nation))
{
case ENGLAND:
switch (irank)
{
case 0: iShip = SHIP_BRIG; break;
case 1: iShip = SHIP_EDINBURG; break;
case 2: iShip = SHIP_ENTERPRISE; break;
case 3: iShip = SHIP_PACKET_BRIG; break;
case 4: iShip = SHIP_BOUNTY; break;
case 5: iShip = SHIP_CONSTITUTION; break;
case 6: iShip = SHIP_LINESHIP; break;

}
break;

case FRANCE:
switch (irank)
{
case 0: iShip = SHIP_FLEUT; break;
case 1: iShip = SHIP_BOUSSOLE; break;
case 2: iShip = SHIP_PINNACE; break;
case 3: iShip = SHIP_INTERCEPTOR; break;
case 4: iShip = SHIP_LINESHIP; break;
case 5: iShip = SHIP_SOLEILROYAL; break;

}
break;

case SPAIN:
switch (irank)
{
case 0: iShip = SHIP_CARAVEL; break;
case 1: iShip = SHIP_GALEON_L; break;
case 2: iShip = SHIP_PINNACE; break;
case 3: iShip = SHIP_GALEON_H; break;
case 4: iShip = SHIP_LINESHIP; break;
case 5: iShip = SHIP_WARSHIP; break;
case 6: iShip = SHIP_MANOWAR; break;
}
break;

case HOLLAND:
switch (irank)
{
case 0: iShip = SHIP_BRIG break;
case 1: iShip = SHIP_FLEUT break;
case 2: iShip = SHIP_SURPRISE break;
case 3: iShip = SHIP_GALEON_L break;
case 4: iShip = SHIP_PINNACE break;
case 5: iShip = SHIP_DUTCHLINESHIP; break;

}
break;

case PIRATE:
switch (irank)
{
case 0: iShip = SHIP_BRIG break;
case 1: iShip = SHIP_FLEUT break;
case 2: iShip = SHIP_GALEON_L break;
case 3: iShip = SHIP_PINNACE break;
case 4: iShip = SHIP_CORVETTE break;
case 5: iShip = SHIP_BLACKPEARL break;
case 6: iShip = SHIP_THEBLACKPEARL break;
}
break;

from shipsUtilities.c folder

iTest_ship = rand(2);
if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_LUGGER), "ship3");
if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SLOOP), "ship3");
if (iTest_ship == 3) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_COLONIALSCHOONER), "ship3");
if (iTest_ship == 4) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_BERMSLOOP), "ship3");

iTest_ship = rand(3);
if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SLOOP), "ship4");
if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_LUGGER_H), "ship4");
if (iTest_ship == 3) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SCHOONER), "ship4");
if (iTest_ship == 4) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_GALEOTH_H), "ship4");

if (sti(PChar.rank) > 1)
{
iTest_ship = rand(4);
if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SCHOONER), "ship5");
if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_BARQUE), "ship5");
if (iTest_ship == 3) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_PACKET_BRIG), "ship5");
if (iTest_ship == 4) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_BOUNTY), "ship5");

iTest_ship = rand(4);
if (iTest_ship == 1) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_SCHOONER), "ship6");
if (iTest_ship == 2) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_BARQUE), "ship6");
if (iTest_ship == 3) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_PACKET_BRIG), "ship6");
if (iTest_ship == 4) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_ENTERPRISE), "ship6");
if (iTest_ship == 5) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_EDINBURG), "ship6");

Its interesting line 512 lists EDINBURG. Thats a ship in the POTC list I haven't seen in COAS.

You're the boss on how we bundle these.

I found one of the ships I was asking about. It's that last one on the right I posted. It's called Zeven Provincien even though it doesn't look much like the actual Zeven Provincien. It's still nice though even though I think it bears a much closer resemblance to the French La Corroune 1626. Never saw it in POTC but haven't played it as much as I'd like either.

Once I get 2nd Batavia done I'm doing the Mordaunt next and then La_Licorne.

Happy porting. V/R MK

Your welcome Craiggo. :onya

Well the good news is MK i have seen the Cutter and the Ketch been generated while at port (haven't sailed around yet) so we might not need to worry about that however should we need to it wouldn't be that hard to go and so it later on.

Yep i'm compiling all the ships into a one time install, this is been added to the ships ported over aswell so in the end it will be a big file to download but should have most if not all the ships from POTC included. :will

Hows the porting going at your end MK?

Well just ported the Yacht over and here she is in all her glory. (sailorspoints file needs to be done)

See first post for link to download her. ;)

Luke, I think its going well. I can see it now, but it crashes when I try to sail it. Did you add the new ships to the string list in the INI/texts/russian/common file? MK

Luke, I think its going well. I can see it now, but it crashes when I try to sail it. Did you add the new ships to the string list in the INI/texts/russian/common file? MK

Yep that is one of the files you have to edit, if you download one of the ships i've done above it will include every file i have had to edit to get the ship into the game, every ship is done the same, i'm now about to test the Shnyava1 out to see if it works. Hopefully that will be another ship ported over.

Back