• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Ships Stats on campaigns

I didn't work on this kind of software but maybe the easiest solution is using an online pdf to word converter like this one:

https://www.pdftoword.com/

You make the changes with Word and afterwards you can use the same website to convert from word to pdf.

The only doubt i have is about the quality of the conversion. HellSailor could check that:unsure

Hmm. In my computer i can easily create an archive pdf from a word and vice versa, create a pdf from a word. @Pieter Boelen , What i have to do in order to release my features about this excel onto the wiki? What are the steps to do?

Just make/update the Wiki page, I suppose.

You may need extra forum rights to edit it, so I have now added you to the Storm Modders group. Hopefully this works for you. :doff

Thanks a lot for the contribution, sir. It is an honour to serve this community :bow And i hope my contribution could be longer in the future!

By the way, shall i put it on excel or pdf?

Besides that, now i'm a little busy, so until next weekend i won't be fee. I would also like to finish putting information on the final release on TSH ships stats, make the ships stats on the Bucaneer storyline and also the ships stats of Tales of a Chevalier/Brave Black Flag storyline. I hope you understand Pieter, sorry. For Christmas it is guaranteed it will be there or so.

I took a look on the content of ships in the wiki... Very strange... But i like how it is visualited the table. How can i do that? I think making it of that way it will be more easier. Any ideas @Pieter Boelen ?

The Wiki would probably be the best place, since we can link to it from the forum. Also, it is editable by all Modders, so we could theoretically keep it up-to-date.
To see how to do it, have a look at the code of other Wiki pages or search on the internet for explanations.
That's what I did last month when I had to make a Wiki page at work and didn't really have a clue how.

Visitng the New Horizons wiki, it seems that it will need A LOT of hard work. Most features are old and not updated, except maybe the quests. Editing the wiki to be fully implemented would take a lot of effort and time. But, if you wish, i could try to update those old parts. Take note that it will take to me more time.

The quests should be nearly up-to-date. If there are any errors, it would be good to have those tweaked to be correct.
Many people use the walkthroughs there.

I am not sure what other parts of the Wiki pages we need. Is there any point in listing all items in the game, for example?
Characters and Locations also strike me as being nearly useless. Unless there is something truly special to mention about them.
Perhaps all hidden stuff can be noted on the Wiki. After all, the Walkthroughs are massive spoilers anyway. Might as well add some more.

Maybe it is because I am too familiar with the code, but it seems to me that any list based on stuff that is already defined in one single code file is a bit superfluous really.
Personally I'm not even too fussed over a list of ships, because that is one more thing to keep up-to-date and that can be wrong and confusing when it isn't done.
While the information can already be found in the game itself if you know where to look. :shrug

But I know there are many people out there who might still want it.
Not sure if it is better (read:worthwhile) to give them what they want or to educate them on how to get what they want without us spoonfeeding it.

Yep, Characters and Locations seem pretty useless, so I think it is better not to continue with those features.

The Walkthroughs and Quests should be updated with the new storyline, Brave Black Flag, as well as other new features and fixes on other storylines. Personally i haven't played any of the non free-to-play storylines, as I want to do what I want with my career on the seas. So if there has been any special new content, i will be glad to add it to the Walkthroughs.

And items... hmm... don't know what to do really.

Brave Black Flag is the same as Nathaniel Hawk, but without the main quest.
It has no actual story of its own.

Back