• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine Limitation Ships with "High Camera" Bug

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Just noticed that "HMS_Mordaunt" has ye olde 'high camera' bug.
Which means that when you zoom all the way out, you don't see her hull on screen for a wide-screen resolution.
Like this:
upload_2015-12-9_0-14-50.png

Not sure how much can be done about it though.
This is probably because the flag pole was included in the main hull GM when she was exported from Maya. :(

---------------------------------------

List of ships with High Camera Bug:
- "HMS_Mordaunt"
- "Bellona" and her sisters

Last edited:
Ayup! The tip of that flagpole is just over 18 meters high which is almost exactly the same height as the flagpole on the San Martin battlegalleon. There are some other ships like that also but I don't remember which ones they are.

The way to fix them is to separate out the flagpole and any other tall things like mast stumps in Maya. Armada was doing that until he moved on so the ships he missed have just been sitting there looking ugly. I try to avoid sailing them for this reason.

Now I remember two: The merchant pinnace and the medium pinnace from De Zeeroovers.

I'm hoping we can at least compile a list of all ships affected.
Then at least there is a to do list for anyone who would want to help out there.

Isn't that a bit of misnomer though? Maybe it won't be done in a hurry, but it can most certainly be fixed.

Back