• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug shipyard cannon can make infinte money

Johanno

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
i've found a bug, when you upgrade you cannons of the ship to 9lbs and change selection and select back you can sell one gun, and if you select something else and go back you can sell another gun and so on

steps to reproduce from savegame:
  • talk to shipyard owner
  • go to cannons
  • select the 9lbs
  • select caravela redona(the ship)
  • now you can install all and sell one gun
  • select another gun or the other ship
  • select back and now you can sell another gun

Attachments

• files.zip
    708.6 KB · Views: 268
i don't know if this bug is related, could be if the bug is related to the ship model.
but if you select caravela redona and go to repair, you can click repair even if its fully repaired and then you get a weird screen, where you can also see negative costs, but you cant click anything

Yep it is the ship model stats that are screwed up. That model should only have 10 cannons 4 each side and two at the stern. Yours has 11 with a bonus one at the front.

What the cannon interface is doing on "install all" is making sure you have the 4, 4 and 2 and charging for any added but in your case giving you the -1770 it works out (because it sees the extra one because each arc is counted anyway I guess and gives you the "minus" money for the one you don't need) but doesn't touch the front -- because it thinks there can be nothing there - it just fills the arcs as should have happened at the initiation of the ship in the game and the init file says there are 0 at the front. So the extra one remains so you can do the trick ad nauseum.

I guess I could put a check in the install all to wipe any in arcs that shouldn't be there but that doesn't answer the question of how your model got screwed. A dump of the ship attributes shows no max fireddistance nor charge ratio for that front cannon so I don't think it is at all functional.

The screwed repair interface is just showing its interpretation of the same thing ie to get your vessel to perfect repair it needs to give you -1770 - and that sends it a bit crazy too - when hull and sails are 100%.

To solve your situation just click the cannon interface and the right hand option of install/remove and remove the front one (reduce the arc to 0 and then buy) - you will get a smaller sum and once that front cannon is gone that clears your ship for normal behaviour - you can't put it back. The wider issue of how it got in that state remains.

Last edited:
Maybe it's in the boarding interface (that one, that appears after successfully boarding a ship).
Because i think i can remember to be able to select the front guns there.
I'll test that next time.

hope they can fix it im also having same issue
@N3X4R If you can zip up a savegame I'll take a look at the detail of your variant of the issue. If it is similar to the earlier report the question will be why, when and how did extra cannons appear. So do you have any idea what you had just done when you first saw the issue? I'm not a fan of just tweaking the interface to remove a problem I don't know how and where it is occurring (but I would consider it if that is the best option for a resolution).

@N3X4R If you can zip up a savegame I'll take a look at the detail of your variant of the issue. If it is similar to the earlier report the question will be why, when and how did extra cannons appear. So do you have any idea what you had just done when you first saw the issue? I'm not a fan of just tweaking the interface to remove a problem I don't know how and where it is occurring (but I would consider it if that is the best option for a resolution).

thanks for the respond,

its just happened after losing guns during sea battles. I'm using 1st rate Dauntless in free play,when i try to repair the ship, hull and sail is at 100% the guns still at 51 left arc and 49 right arc, then when I try to add guns at "Cannon" option i cant add but i can only remove. And when i try to change calibers it is still the same clicking "buy" and "cancel" and then click "Install all" sometimes my money go up or reduced. I uploaded some picture, there you can see how the money goes up.

Attachments

• -=SD Bechett=- QuickSave 1.zip
    693.4 KB · Views: 181
  • pic1.png
    pic1.png
    861.7 KB · Views: 265
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    862.4 KB · Views: 279
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    722.1 KB · Views: 286
@N3X4R As I suspected there is a mismatch in the cannon stats for the ship. For some reason the game currently thinks your version of the Endeavour should only have 49 guns in left and right arcs. If you choose install/remove and take two from the left arc it should settle down but at the slightly reduced broadside capacity.

RestCannons (pchar); executed in console also reverts the ship to 49 so it is definitely the underlying ship stats that are the culprit in this case.

At this point I have no idea how or where this occurred - the Endeavour as given to Cutler Beckett clearly starts with the full 52 per arc. I will take a look for anything obvious in the code but doubt if it will become clear anytime soon.

@N3X4R: Could you let us know how you acquired that ship?
And if you ever did any upgrades on her and where/how?

@N3X4R: Could you let us know how you acquired that ship?
And if you ever did any upgrades on her and where/how?

I start new game using the "Free Play" mode then I select "Cutler Beckett" as my character, then "HMS Dauntless" for the ship. Same as I choose "Blackbeard" and his ship "Queen Anne's Revenge", i think those money increase cause by "we lost cannon at arc" "i think we can fix it" during ship battle. I cant add guns on the ship yard. Does my Vanilla Retail Version of POTC mess the game??.

OK you swapped ship version at game start - the Dauntless does have less guns (the 102 giving 49 in each arc plus 2 each bow and stern) - so that's a relief. Looks like I need to look at that cannon fix routine.

OK you swapped ship version at game start - the Dauntless does have less guns (the 102 giving 49 in each arc plus 2 each bow and stern) - so that's a relief. Looks like I need to look at that cannon fix routine.

Nice, keep up the good work. ^^

Back