• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Should i join France?

oo0filthy0oo

Landlubber
De Poincy offers you a light Frigate and asks you to join France (for a low low price of 10%). I said yes and the frigate seems ok, but i just wonder what my other option was? If i had said no do i still get the ship? Can i choose to join another nation or perhaps the Pirates...

I am guessing you are going to go and save your brother no matter what?

What did you choose?

I wonder about this too. I joined France and ended the storyline, but i haven't end the storyline with refusing poincy's offer.

As a reward, i think the light frigate is somewhat useless. I got to 80 navigation skills quite quickly, found several great heavy frigates and dominated the seas with their 50 32-pound cannons. Heavy galleons are even better with 54 cannons, albeit uglier and bigger.

Yes, I lost the frigate capturing the Man o war, so it did its job but at that late in the game there are much better ships. Unfortunately i did not save before speaking with Poincy so i can't go back and see what happens with the other option.

I have 91 Navigation but i still get negative stats with the Man o war. Had to switch back to my Mirage. I now have two ships of the line and a Man o war sitting at the port master, costing me 22,000 a month!

I have 91 Navigation but i still get negative stats with the Man o war. Had to switch back to my Mirage. I now have two ships of the line and a Man o war sitting at the port master, costing me 22,000 a month!

I too store the manowar, but money is not a problem. If you have got to this point you probably should have a few million pesos.. deposit them in banks to have nice interest... i made 3 million per month from interests alone the last time i played

Back