• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Signal Lighthouse mission stuck.

Black screens usually have a clue in system.log related to a model not being able to load.

The models code has been completely changed as per Beta 3. Now the SetModel function doesn't work anymore if the model isn't defined in initModels.c .
That has been causing Hornblower character models to not show up after their uniform changes.

Should the character have been in that location in the first place? I'm just not familiar enough with the storylines myself. :(

Hello Sir Peter!

First of all I have to say that im a big fan of your works.

Second- I did what you told us to do with the cheat thingy, well its going well sir but I cant load a save game while im playing the game after i activated the cheat...... SO thanks for the help but it brings another one sir.

And thank you Sir Levis for still looking for the problem.

If you gentelmen need any help with save games and any other .log files please dont hasitate to ask me :)

Yours,

Ilan

Can't load a savegame? Lost profile again, is it? That should be completely and utterly unrelated. :shock

Profiles can be found again. At the main menu click load and then on the right side of the screen click profile. You should then be able to find the profile you want.

This most commonly happens when one has many profiles to choose from and the program gets confused.

any news already if the models fix fixes the black screen?
I think the file I posted here is also still nessecary so it should be included in a next update. But first we need to find out more.
Pieter you said the changing of a model has to go different now. how should it be done now?

I will look at this next week so any info till then would be nice.

For the black screen, I still need a system.log for that one; that one probably contains the reason.

All I said on the models is that now they MUST have an initModels.c entry. Before, the code was a bit more forgiving.

Here are an error and compile log.
Also I have an savegame very close to the black screen.

as far as I can see the problem is here:
Code:
sld = LAi_CreateFantomCharacter(false, 0, true, true, 0.25, Nations[ENGLAND].fantomModel.m2, "goto", "citizen03");
            LAi_group_MoveCharacter(sld, "LAI_GROUP_PLAYER");
            sld.id = "soldierG1B";

and all the other ones which are defined. And its because the models aren't defined....at least it says.
But these models are also used at other places (at least the NK functions file has them also for promotion).

I will keep looking also, but maybe someone else can find it sooner.

Attachments

• compile.log
    7.1 KB · Views: 319
  • error.log
    2.5 KB · Views: 332
  • -=Player=- Guadeloupe. Guardhouse February 13th, 1794 1.zip
    762.4 KB · Views: 317
Seems the error is in
Code:
SetModelfromArray(PChar, GetModelIndex("WolfFrench"));
at row 13867
Because it doesn't recognise the model you get a black screen.

and then I get the next one for
Code:
SetModelfromArray(PChar, GetModelIndex("MatthewsHB"));

seems changing the model for PChar is giving some problems.

Edit Finally had time to play it from the start also. And seems the problem is gone now.
It was only in the model. After the new update you do need to start a new storyline but then it will work.

Last edited:
I didn't include it yet because I wasn't sure yet if it actually made it worse (because of the black screen).

Back