• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

simple COAS mod pack

Nice! Being able to choose How many to rest is fantastic...instead of the choice being made for you

So basically we are thinking that the interface with the Build Mod sails Pieter is the way to go ;)

I do agree it should be part of the shipyard instead of just being able to select them though :yes

I do agree it should be part of the shipyard instead of just being able to select them though :yes
In shipyard you can change sails gerald (1,2,3,4 classes of ships), change color && material of sails (new links in shipyarder dialog).
Colors are : blue, red, orange, yellow, darkblue, green, white, black, violet, gray (and what you want - simple edit in \ships\sails_init.c )
This costs some money :)

I totally agree with Pieter. This sounds great.
I do have one obvious question...

Can we adapt some of these changes for our purposes? (and when can we get our mitts on it?)
I could see some nice changes coming up for CM V4. (tho eventually build 15 would incorperate some of these changes anyway)

As far as I'm concerned, Build 15 should be CoAS with all modding work by everyone all put together in the most brilliant ever whole. Oh well... daydreaming again. :facepalm

Can we adapt some of these changes for our purposes? (and when can we get our mitts on it?)
I could see some nice changes coming up for CM V4. (tho eventually build 15 would incorperate some of these changes anyway)
Some of these changes already ported by me over CM v3 (installed on my laptop). But i need some time to translate from russian to eng. some new dialogs and interfaces.
Scripts && ini files will be available on next 1-2 week (due to serious busy on main work).
Is this suitable for you ?

As far as I'm concerned, Build 15 should be CoAS with all modding work by everyone all put together in the most brilliant ever whole. Oh well... daydreaming again. :facepalm

Are you kidding? This is a dream that I intend on making a reality! (well I'll do my best to help) Just the thought of it makes my heart jump a little. I wish i didn't have to wait, I could just snap my fingers, and it would be done. I've even thought of trying to drop the build 14 mod into the COAS folder and see what happens xD:

Some of these changes already ported by me over CM v3 (installed on my laptop). But i need some time to translate from russian to eng. some new dialogs and interfaces.
Scripts && ini files will be available on next 1-2 week (due to serious busy on main work).

This is most suitable! :)) You folks have done some excellent work over there, and I am most anxious to be able to enjoy it as well.

Hahaha I think if I started converting build 14 right now... I could have it done by August...

... of 2015 :rofl

No rush bud, you take your time. We are obviously very interested in what is included and the screenshots of what is new have made our mounths water and the prospects of seeing them in the English version of COAS. We fully understand its not something you can do quick as much as we would like you to. It looks like its all going well and when its all finished we will have lots of fun playing with these new features and further imrpovements you guy's have made on the Russian version. Its a shame its not as easy to traslate things because together PA and you guy's would make the best pirate game for many years to come.

some fun easter-eggs also will be added :)

Ooo, does this mean we can now sail from one island to another without having to load the world map to generate the towns. Now that would be awesome if it was possible, i have been looking at hopw to get thaty to work and haven't come across a working way yet.

Believe it or not, this is the mod that I brought up long ago which added so many cool things to CoAS. I found this mod on the russian sites well before the game was released in any other countries. I'd love to see this entire mod brought over to the other languages and added to the combined mod.

Thats just my personal opinion.

Cap'n Drow

Some words about division of the spoils :

Concept:
=========
Divide the only sea loot (trade goods), trade, quest profits do not divide!
To do this, consider how much money was to go to sea, following sea and battles on the map and land-based counts of money after.
Compare if the losses do not do anything if the income, then a partition of.
The amount may be paid immediately, the presence of the amount of influence on the moral as well as wages.
Improved morale repay the debt if the debt is not, the fee for a reason.
The presence of debt makes a -1 morale every day, rum can save, or maybe not, if still crew overloading.
Debts inherited, even if all have died. This convention, but you must like something from the hero to get money.
Goods and ships are considered to be conditional on minimum prices, that is, the hero buys them from the team and pay the share for a knockdown price.
Total wages while maintaining, as the proceeds of trafficking and smuggling are not divided.
Robbery of the city is conventionally divided, that is, the men grab their share of themselves and do not divide further (difficult to make profits and there are few).

And .. lights in some lighthouses in sea mode :)

great work! A functional light house will really make sail mode much more interesting. I on occassion, like doing a few hours of just going about in sail mode, and seeing the lighthouse blinking in the horizon will really add to that expeirence

I like what you've done in regards to the diving of loot. It really brings out the realism in the whole thing

Well done :onya

Ok, here is link to download pack : http://www.blackmark.bz/files/COAS_simple_pack_HE.rar (sorry, i don't have login in PA! ftp)

No password required for this archive.
mod-pack was directly ported over COAS CM v3 (just rewrite files from archive to your copy of COAS).

This is developers only release, there may be some bugs or/and untranslated things. Some deep tests are welcome (comments && suggestions welcome too :) )!

New game is required !

Detailed list of features also included (please see changes.txt file in archive)

Thank you PA! && enjoy !!

PA! FTP is accesable by anyone, just download FTP Commander from the website, copy POTC Files and change all PotC to CoAS ;)

Back